Elisabeth of Austria (film)
Elisabeth of Austria (German:Elisabeth von Österreich) is a 1931 German historical drama film directed by Adolf Trotz and starring Lil Dagover, Paul Otto and Maria Matray. It is a biopic of Empress Elisabeth of Austria.
Empress Elizabeth of Austria (Lil Dagove) is a free spirit expected to comport herself in a regal manner and wed to Franz Joseph (Paul Otto) . Elizabeth cannot stand her royal life and all its protocol and decided to run away from the royal court to live a care free existence among the pleb.
- Lil Dagover – Elisabeth of Austria
- Paul Otto – Franz Joseph
- Maria Matray – Fanny Angerer
- Charlotte Ander – Mary Vetsera
- Ekkehard Arendt – Crown Prince Rudolph
- Ida Perry – Archduchess Sophie
- Ludwig Stössel – Bratfisch
- Sergius Sax – Crown Prince Ludwig
- Ida Wüst – Jolanda Szoerek
- Eugen Burg
|This article related to a German film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|