Canalis at the 2009 Venice Film Festival
12 September 1978 |
|Occupation||Actress, television presenter, model|
Canalis' father Cesare is a radiologist in University of Sassari's clinic, while her mother Bruna was an Italian teacher. She has a brother named Luigi, who is also a radiologist and was involved in a Switzerland debt scandal. Canalis was educated in Sassari, where she attended the "classical" highschool (Liceo classico), and then moved to Milan to study foreign languages at Università degli Studi di Milano, though she never graduated because she started to work as a dancer for Silvio Berlusconi's TV channel Canale 5 at the age of 21.
Acting and presenting
Elisabetta Canalis was a dancer on the Canale 5 TV show Striscia la Notizia from 1999 to 2002. Canalis had minor roles in the films Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo and Virgin Territory, a comedy produced by Roberto Cavalli. In 2005, she replaced a busy Michelle Hunziker in Love Bugs 2, the second season of the sit-com Love Bugs. In 2007, she co-hosted the annual Italian music festival, Festivalbar but the TV program closed. In 2009, she replaced a pregnant Elena Santarelli on the Italian version of Total Request Live, on MTV Italia. Elisabetta hosted the Trofeo Birra Moretti 2008, a summer football competition played between S.S.C. Napoli, A.C. Milan and Juventus.
In 2010 she played a recurring character in season 3 of the TNT series Leverage. In February 2011, she co-hosted the most important Italian song contest, Sanremo Music Festival with Gianni Morandi and Belen Rodriguez. She interviewed in the Festival Robert De Niro . Canalis appeared on the 13th season of Dancing with the Stars. She was paired with Valentin Chmerkovskiy and was the second to be eliminated on 27 September 2011. She was interviewed on the The Ellen DeGeneres Show in September 2011. Though she wears animal leather bags and shoes, she posed for PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur" campaign in 2011. For two nights, she co-hosted for the second time the Sanremo Music Festival 2012 and acted with the singer Adriano Celentano in the role of " Messy Italia".
Elisabetta Canalis was featured in the 2003 Max nude calendar. She has been a spokeswoman and runway model from 2006 to 2009 for the fashion brand "Hollywood Milano", a Milan based disco club. She promoted in a spot recorded in New York the new city limousine Musa "5th Avenue". In June 2011 she appeared in a photoshoot of the Spanish version of Vogue, and in September 2011 in the Arabian version of Harper's Bazaar. That same year, she modeled for Roberto Cavalli.
Canalis was June 2010 cover girl for the third time on Vanity Fair. In the same year, she is, for the Italian version of Vanity Fair, the 4th woman most beautiful in 2010. She has been also on 2010 the 7th most beautiful woman for Maxim and in top 50 for DT Spain magazine. Thanks to Clooney, she gained a contract as spokesmodel for Pantene. In The Netherlands, she is a spokesperson for Auping. She was the covergirl for a June 2012 edition of Sportweek Dreams, a special edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport. The shoot was in Santo Domingo. She appeared in a July 2012 advertisement for PETA. For Milano Fashion Week that year she modeled on the runway for Philipp Plein and for the new collection of Miss Bikini.
Later she had a short relationship with football player Reginaldo Ferreira da Silva.
Thereafter, Canalis dated American actor George Clooney for almost 18 months. The couple split in June 2011. On 23 November 2011, the couple were among 200 witnesses accepted by a Milan court in the trial of former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi for allegedly paying for sex with an underage prostitute (Rubygate). Clooney, who was cited as a witness by the prosecution, stated that he only visited the Berlusconi's residence on one occasion to seek aid for Darfur, and declined an invitation to stay.
|2005||Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo|
|2006||Natale a New York of Neri Parenti|
|2008||La seconda volta non-si scorda mai|
|2008||La fidanzata di papà|
|2010||A Natale mi sposo|
|1999/2002||Striscia la Notizia||Canale 5|
|2003/2004||Carabinieri 3 – 4||TV series – Canale 5|
|2003–2005||Controcampo||TV Series, cohosted with Sandro Piccinini|
|2005||Love Bugs 2||Sit-com – Italia 1|
|2007||Mai dire martedì||Italia 1|
|2008||Medici miei||Sit-com – Italia 1|
|2009||Total Request Live||MTV|
|2010||Fratelli Benvenuti||TV series – Canale 5/Rete 4|
|2010||Che tempo che fa||Rai 3|
|2011||Festival di Sanremo||Rai Uno|
|2011||La notte degli chef||Canale 5|
|2011||Dancing with the Stars||ABC|
|2011||The Ellen DeGeneres Show|
|2012||Festival di Sanremo||Rai Uno|
|2013||Zelig One||Italia 1|
- "Elisabetta Canalis Brings George Clooney Home to the Folks". People. 18 September 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- Alison Schwartz (22 June 2011). "Elisabetta Canalis Tries Retail Therapy After George Clooney Breakup". People. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- "About Me". elisabettacanalis.it.[dead link][dead link]
- "Canalis: per gelosia ho rigato l'auto a Bobo.". corriere.it. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Elisabetta Canalis sensuale in Decameron Pie". http://www.qnm.it. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Fabio De Luigi – Corriere della Sera". Cinema-tv.corriere.it. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Canalis festivalbar". vogue.it. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Total Request Live, Mtv a Torino con Elisabetta Canalis sul palco". lastampa.it. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Exclusive Advance Review: Leverage Season 3". TV.com. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- (Italian) "Festival di Sanremo, ok a Morandi. Ci saranno anche Belen ed Elisabetta". Corriere della Sera (Italy). 5 10 2010. p. 41. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Sanremo 2011, la quarta serata in trenta foto – Panorama" (in Italian). Blog.panorama.it. 22 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Canalis nel casting di dancing with the stars". Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Elisabetta Chats with Ellen" Ellen web site, 23 September 2011
- Sarah Bull, "Feeling Modest? Elisabetta Canalis Covers Up in A Demure But Sexy Dress as She Unveils Naked PETA Campaign," The Daily Mail 14 September 2011.
- "Debutta il Festival, Celentano attacca Avvenire e Famiglia Cristiana" IL Sole24ore.com (in Italian)
- "Canalis per max". max.rcs.it. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Max punta sulla Canalis "Calendario da 500mila copie"". La Repubblica. 23 October 2002. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Elisabetta Canalis con look da maschiaccio alla sfilata 'Hollywood Milano' – Foto e Gossip by Gossip News" (in Italian). Gossip.it. 18 February 2008. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Foto – Elisabetta Canalis batte Carla Bruni – 1 di 5 – Trovacinema" (in Italian). Trovacinema.repubblica.it. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Elisabetta Canalis "soft hot" per Vogue Spagna". tgcom24.mediaset.it. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Gossip/ Elisabetta Canalis su Harper's Bazaar Arabia". Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Elisabetta Canalis: «Non mi perdonano di essere felice". Style.it. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Le 100 donne più sexy del 2011". Vanityfair.it. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "DT Magazine | Pairody dot Com :: This Is No Laughing Matter :: Your Celebrity Gossip Source". Pairody.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Elisabetta Canalis: nuova testimonial Pantene" (in Italian) Elle Italy web site
- "Elisabetta Canalis scaricata per un materasso" (in Italian) GQ Italy, 15 March 2012
- "Elisabetta Canalis sulla copertina di Sportweek Dreams 2012". omg.yahoo.com. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Elisabetta Canalis Gets Stuck in a Hot Car for PETA [VIDEO]". Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "La Canalis versione rock". Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Sfila anche la Canalis". Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Elisabetta Canalis and Bobo Vieri". c2.iobloggo.com. 27 June 2013.
- "Canalis-Muccino, sorpresa d'estate". tgcom24.mediaset.it. 7 June 2006.
- Canalis, Elisabetta. "George Clooney, Elisabetta Canalis Split". Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "George Clooney, soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo named as witnesses in Silvio Berlusconi trial". Daily News. 23 November 2011
- Kirby, Iona (19 April 2012). "It's O-ver! Steve-O 'dumps' party-loving Elisabetta Canalis over fears she will 'jeopardise his sobriety'". dailymail.co.uk (London). Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Elisabetta Canalis a Zelig: 'Sono felicissima'". Retrieved 14 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elisabetta Canalis.|