||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
Elisabetta Dami (Milan, 1958) is an Italian children's fiction writer and author of books for children.
Elisabetta Dami was born in 1958 in Milan, Italy. The daughter of publisher Piero Dami (founder of Dami Editore in 1972), she began working as a proofreader at the family publishing house and began to write her first stories at the age of 18.
Most famous book from her is Geronimo Stilton series. Her other books have Thea Stilton and the Thea Sisters as the main characters. The Thea Sisters include Colette, Nicky, Pamela, Paulina, and Violet.
In 1999 Dami began to collaborate with the Piemme publishing house, which, decided to produce a collection of books for children. Since 2000, when the first story came out, 100 million copies have been sold in 150 countries and in 40 different languages. Intended for children(all).since then till now She has also written more than 100 books.
- "Elisabetta Dami. Fòrum IMPULSA 2012" audio-video (4 July 2012) at youtube; vimeo
- Elisabetta Dami  (11 December 2010) at la Repubblica
- Elisabetta Dami at Library of Congress Authorities, with 7 catalogue records
- Geronimo Stilton at Library of Congress Authorities, with 35 catalogue records
- Thea Stilton at Library of Congress Authorities, with 5 catalogue records