Sursara in February 2013
1988 (age 26–27)
Avalon Beach, Sydney
|Alma mater||Australian National University (ANU)|
|Occupation||Conservationist, filmmaker, correspondent|
|Years active||2005 – present|
|Known for||Conservation, journalism and TV presenting|
Elissa Sursara (born February 14 1988) is an Australian wildlife expert and journalist. She is a blogger on National Geographic NewsWatch. She is the ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund climate change campaign Earth Hour, Australia Zoo’s Wildlife Hospital and Wildlife Warriors, and Sea Shepherd Conservation Society with which she serves as an Antarctic campaigns crew member. In October 2012, she joined the cast of Animal Planet’s documentary series Whale Wars.
Social identity theft
On September 19, 2014 Sursara claimed she was attacked by a shark in Australian waters off the north Queensland coast. Images showed a large bite in her torso. However by September 25th, a number of shark activists and marine biologists accused Elissa Sursara of making the attack up, expressing doubt over the image of the bite marks. They pointed to evidence of Photoshopping and other clues that didn't make sense about the attack. Sursara rebutted the fake attack claims.
|The Wet Season||Taylor|
|2003||Touch & Go||Krissa|
|Going For Broke||Annabelle|
|2004||Days Like These||Alicia|
|2005||Johnny Benson's Adventures||Camilla|
|2006||Live Free or Die||Christy|
|Equal Opportunity||Bena Brazilian|
|1994–96||Para Crancias||Co-Host||Portuguese||22 episodes|
|Touched by an Angel||Natalie||English||"The Heart of the Matter"|
|2001||Boston Public||Rea||English||"Chapter Seventeen"|
|2002||Taken||Lena||English||"Dropping the Dishes"|
|2007||Brothers & Sisters||Jessica||English||"Domestic Issues"|
|2009||Bondi Vet||Herself||English||"Episode #1.14"|
|2011||Whale Wars||Herself||English||8 episodes|
- Shepherd, Tory (31 October 2012). "My Bieber nightmare: Fans sent me death threats". News.com.au. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Elissa Sursara Interview". girl.com.au. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Geographic, National (12 May 2014). "National Geographic Author Page". National Geographic. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Woman punched shark to escape". nzherald.co.nz. September 22, 2014. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Chloe Ross (September 21, 2014). "Environment crusader 'privileged' to be attacked by shark". 9news.com.au. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Lillian Radulova (September 25, 2014). "Scientists accuse Australian shark victim Elissa Sursara of making attack up". nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Elissa Sursara Rebuts ‘Fake Shark Attack’ Photo: Some Shark Experts Still Say Something Is Fishy About Unreported Attack". inquisitr.com. September 23, 2014. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Elissa Sursara Official Website
- Elissa Sursara on National Geographic
- Elissa Sursara at the Internet Movie Database