Elite Women's Hockey League
The Elite Women's Hockey League (EWHL) is an international competition for different European women's ice hockey clubs. Created in 2004 by International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), the EWHL consists from several countries of Central Europe and is played in parallel to national championships.
THE EWHL was created in 2004 on the same principle as the Interliga (men's Ice Hockey). For its first season, the EWHL featured teams from Austria, Hungary, Italy and Slovenia. During the following seasons, women's teams from Slovakia (2005), Croatia (2006) and the Czech Republic (2007) joined the league. In 2008, the Italian and Hungarian teams gave way to two clubs from Germany. Since the 2010–11 season, the Netherlands women's national ice hockey team has participated in the EWHL.
THE EWHL was mostly played in a championship format with home and away matches, with the exception of the 2005–06 season where the teams were distributed in two regional divisions followed by qualifying rounds. For the 2010–11 season, the regular season will be followed by a play-off between the four teams at the top of the league table.
- GER, ESC Planegg
- Austria, EHC Vienna Flyers
- Austria, EHV Sabres Vienna
- Austria, EC The Ravens Salzburg
- Netherlands, Netherlands women's national ice hockey team
- SVK, HC Slovan Bratislava
- SVK, MHK Martin 
- SLO, HDK Maribor
Medal Table by Club
EHV Sabres Vienna
HC Slovan Bratislava
HC Slavia Prague
EC The Ravens Salzburg
HK Terme Maribor
HK Pantera Minsk
EV Bolzano Eagles
HC Eagle Bolzano
- EWHL Super Cup
- Austria women's ice hockey Bundesliga
- German women's ice hockey Bundesliga
- Switzerland women's ice hockey league
- The Netherlands wishing to offer more competitive matches to their top Women players. Source: EWHL Website
- This article incorporates information from the French and German Wikipedias.