Eliza T. Dresang
Eliza T. Dresang is an American professor of Library Science who studies fundamental changes in children's literature because of digital format. Dresang is the Beverly Cleary Professor in Children and Youth Services at the University of Washington Information School.
Dresang received a bachelor's degree from Emory University and a master's degree in Library Science from the University of California, Los Angeles. In 1981, she earned a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Library and Information Studies. While at the University of Wisconsin, Dresang worked with the UW–Madison Cooperative Children's Book Center. She also worked as the Director of Library Media and Technology for the Madison, Wisconsin Metropolitan School District and taught courses in children's and young-adult literature. Dresang taught at Florida State University, where she was the Eliza Gleason Atkins Professor in the College of Information. In January 2009, Dresang assumed the Beverly Cleary Professorship in Children and Youth Services at the University of Washington Information School.
Dresang has published numerous papers and books. Her 1999 book Radical Change: Books for Youth in a Digital Age is cited for its "Radical Change Theory" which posits a positive fundamental shift in reading interaction for children because of digital books and hypertext formats.
Awards and recognition 
- University of Wisconsin School of Library and Information Distinguished Alumna/Alumnus Award 2001
- American Library Association Scholastic Library Publishing Award 2007
Selected works 
- Dresang, E.T. (1999). Radical Change: Books for Youth in a Digital Age. H.W. Wilson, New York.
- Dresang, E.T.(2003). "Controversial books and contemporary children," Journal of Children's Literature, 29, pp. 20–31.
- Dresang, E.T., Gross, M., & Holt, L.E. (2003). "Project CATE: Using outcome measures to assess school-age children's use of technology in urban public libraries: A collaborative research process," Library and Information Science Research, 25, pp. 19–42.
- Dresang, E.T. (2007). "New perspectives: an analysis of gender, net-generation children, and computers," Library Trends, 56, pp. 360–386.
- Dresang, E.T. (2005). "The information-seeking behavior of youth in the digital environment," Library Trends 54, pp. 178–196.
- Jacqueline N. Glascow, "Radical change in young adult literature informs the multigenre paper", The English Journal, vol. 92, no. 2, Multigenre Teaching (Nov., 2002), pp. 41-51
- "Dr. Eliza T. Dresang appointed Beverly Cleary Professor in Children and Youth Services", Information School News, University of Washington - Information School, June 18, 2008, retrieved 26-04-2009
- Glen Bull & Lynn Bell, "Preface and Chapter 1 excerpted from Dresang, E. T.", Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, Vol. 8, No. 3, September 2008, p. 277.
- "Dr. Eliza T. Dresang named 2007 Scholastic Library Publishing Award winner", Press Release, American Library Association, April 17, 2007