Dame Elizabeth Gloster, DBE (born 5 June 1949) is a judge of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales. While a judge of the High Court of Justice, she served as the first female judge of the Commercial Court.
With many Step Grandchildren and a new grandchild, there is a lot of Family. These include the actress Anna Popplewell (Narnia) and the actor Freddie Popplewell (Peter Pan)
Gloster was called to the bar at Inner Temple in 1971 (and made a bencher in 1992). She joined the Magic Circle set of One Essex Court. In 1989, she became a Queen's Counsel. She was appointed a judge of the Courts of Appeal of Jersey and Guernsey in 1993 and a Recorder in 1995. On 21 April 2004, Gloster was appointed a High Court judge, receiving the customary appointment as a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE), and appointed to the Queen's Bench Division. From 2010 to 2012, she served as head of the Commercial Court."Debrett's People of Today". Retrieved 12 April 2012. On 9 April 2013, she was appointed a Lady Justice of Appeal and consequently appointed to the Privy Council.
- "Senior judiciary". The Judicial Office. 3 October 2011. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Malkin, Brendan (13 April 2004). "Gloster QC is first female Commercial Court judge". The Lawyer. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Elizabeth Gloster QC". Commonwealth Secretariat. 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Gloster, Dame Elizabeth - Hot 100". The Lawyer. 7 January 2005. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Appointment of new judge in charge of the Commercial Court". The Judicial Office. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- The London Gazette: . 28 April 2004.
- The London Gazette: . 11 April 2013.
- "Brief affair ends with a wedding". The Daily Mail. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- Rozenberg, Joshua (4 June 2008). "Brief Encounters". The Telegraph. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
|This United Kingdom law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|