Elizabeth Haydon (born 1965) is an American fantasy author. She has written two fantasy series set within the same universe, the fantasy/romance/whodunit fusion called The Symphony of Ages and the young adult series The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme.
The Symphony of Ages
The Symphony of Ages books series consists of the Rhapsody Trilogy, the two Middle Books, and, as of January 2014, The War of the Known World Trilogy. The second book in this trilogy, and thus the seventh in the Symphony of Ages series, was published in June 2014.
The Rhapsody Trilogy
The Rhapsody Trilogy is based on three characters who find themselves in a land on the brink of disaster. Rhapsody, the main character, is a Namer, a profession that includes passing down the history and lore of the people and the land. As a Namer, Rhapsody, can only speak the truth. A Namer has incredible power because when they speak (or sing) they describe the very nature or essence of a person or a thing. In some instances a Namer can change the parameters of a person or a thing by giving it a new name. When Rhapsody meets up with her two future companions she accidentally uses her Naming power to rename The Brother, a ruthless assassin, to "Achmed The Snake." This accident forces Rhapsody to join Achmed and his companion who are on the run from an ancient and dangerous foe, a F'Dor demon.
Books in the trilogy:
The Middle Books
The War of the Known World Trilogy
The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme
- The Floating Island (2006)
- The Thief Queen's Daughter (2007)
- The Dragon's Lair (2009)
- The Tree of Water (will be published October 28, 2014)
- Legends II - "Threshold" (Short Story)
- Emerald Magic: Great Tales of Irish Fantasy - "The Merrow" (Short Story)
- Elizabeth Haydon Interview at SFFWorld.com
- Elizabeth Haydon at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Elizabeth Haydon Fan Site on Facebook