July 3, 1979 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Years active||2001 – present|
Elizabeth Hendrickson (born July 3, 1979) is an American actress. Her big break came when she was cast as character Frankie Stone on the daytime drama All My Children. Her equally popular role of Maggie Stone, the character's identical twin, launched the character into iconic status as one half of supercouple Bianca Montgomery and Maggie Stone.
Early life 
Elizabeth Hendrickson was born in New York City. Her family later moved to Northport, Long Island, and maintained a home there. At an early age, Hendrickson showed an interest in the performing arts. "Artistic people have always surrounded me," she stated in an Q&A interview, citing her actor/artist family as her inspiration for wanting to become an actress. "Their talent and love for the arts continue to inspire me and always will." Her cousin is documentary filmmaker Dennis Michael Lynch. By age 5, Hendrickson was tap dancing on tabletops at family weddings. As she aged, her love for performing deepened.
|“||My first play was in fourth grade, Johnny Appleseed. By the time I was in sixth grade, I knew that I wanted to be an actress. My dream has always been to be on Broadway. In eighth grade, I was one of the six finalists for New York for The Mickey Mouse Club. But I goofed on my screen test. It was my first professional audition. I heard the advertisement on the radio and I dragged my mother there. My favorite performance was my role in The Music Man my senior year in High School. I played Minnie. I had so much fun playing the little pipsqueak, it was so me!||”|
She auditioned for the roles of Bianca Montgomery, Rain Wilkins and Pine Valley High cheerleader Mindy on the daytime drama All My Children, but others were cast in the parts. She tried out as Guiding Light character Michelle Bauer Santos, a role that eventually went to actress Rebecca Budig.
All My Children 
In 2001, when All My Children head writer Richard Culliton wanted to set up a murder storyline, he created character Mary Frances Stone (referred to onscreen as "Frankie"). Hendrickson was cast in the part. Her character was set to be the lesbian girlfriend of Bianca Montgomery (Eden Riegel) and be killed in 3 months. It was deemed unlikely that a homosexual pairing on a soap opera would be successful, but fan reaction to the Bianca and Frankie pairing was unprecedented. Unfortunately, the Culliton murder storyline could not be rewritten, so Frankie was killed and Bianca's mother, Erica Kane (Susan Lucci), was seen standing over her corpse holding a gun.
This prompted uproar in the soap opera community, and producers quickly thought up a way to bring the actress back to the show. Rather than rewrite Frankie's murder, the writers created her identical twin sister, Mary Margaret Stone (better known as Maggie), in 2002. Maggie quickly became instrumental in solving her sister's murder.
Storyline tension was created when it was revealed that unlike Frankie, character Maggie was not gay. This, however, did not stop Bianca and Maggie (fondly referred to in soap circles as BAM) fans from becoming very vocal about their support for the couple. After several heterosexual pairings involving Maggie did not work on the show, the writers began to develop a deepening relationship between the two characters. Eventually, Maggie kissed Bianca, moments before Bianca's lover, Lena Kundera (Olga Sosnovska), walked in.
Bianca and Maggie became one of the most demanded couples in soap opera history. Hendrickson subsequently gained a loyal lesbian following. In 2006, Lesbianation.com, self-proclaimed as the leading online community for lesbians, voted her on their top ten list of Women We Love. The following year, Hendrickson again made the list.
A popular role for Hendrickson, she portrayed Maggie until February 2005. Onscreen, Maggie exited Pine Valley with Bianca, traveling with her and her daughter, Miranda, to live in Paris. In late 2005, during Bianca's visit to Pine Valley, it was revealed that Maggie and Bianca had become lovers offscreen. In real life, Hendrickson and former castmate Eden Riegel have since separately moved to Los Angeles, and are pursuing other acting ventures. Riegel, however, did return to All My Children for a year, as part of a major storyline in late 2006, early 2007. Hendrickson returned again in January 2007 for a short 3-week stint. Her last airdate was February 7, 2007 when her character returned to Paris.
Other roles 
Since leaving All My Children, Hendrickson has earned guest starring roles in the television shows Medium, Cold Case, CSI: Miami and an uncredited role in Criminal Minds. She was to guest star on an episode of Criminal Minds titled Doubt on April 25, 2007, in the role of Katie, but the episode was pulled in deference to the tragedy at Virginia Tech and similar subject matter. The episode became the Season 3 premiere instead.
Hendrickson has since signed on in the role of Chloe Mitchell, a fashionista who stirs up trouble on the daytime drama The Young and the Restless. It was revealed on the August 29, 2008 episode that the character is actually Kate, daughter of Katherine Chancellor's maid, Esther Valentine.
Hendrickson is currently starring in the web series Imaginary Bitches with Riegel.
|2005||Searching for Bobby D||Denise||TV movie|
|2006||That Guy||411 Partygoer||Comedic short|
|2001||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Mandy Schumacher||Episode: "Consent"|
|2006||Medium||Mindy||Episode: "Method to His Madness"|
|Cold Case||Emma Elizabeth Vine - 1968||Episode: "Debut"|
|CSI: Miami||Rebecca Roth||Episode: "Going, Going, Gone"|
|2001–2007||All My Children||Mary Frances "Frankie" Stone / Mary Margaret "Maggie" Stone||Contract roles|
|2006–2007||Criminal Minds||Various||Episodes: "P911" & "Doubt"|
|2008-present||The Young and the Restless||Chloe Mitchell||Contract role|
|unknown||Tide||Young wife||TV commercial|
|Special K:||Scary Girl||TV commercial|
|Bud Light: Language of Love||Hot girl||TV commercial|
|Ford Fusion: Ice||Girlfriend||TV commercial|
|Imaginary Bitches||Lizzie||Web series|
Awards and nominations 
|2009||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approaches - (Daytime Entertainment)||Imaginary Bitches||Nominated|||
|2012||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||The Young and the Restless||Nominated|
- Branco, Nelson (November 05, 2008). "Queen Elizabeth". TV Guide. Archived from the original on March 14, 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- "DC #279: Eden Riegel & Elizabeth Hendrickson Interview". Daytime Confidential. 2008-08-01. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "About the Actors: Elizabeth Hendrickson". soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2008-05-14.
- "Q&A with Elizabeth #1 (November 30, 2001)". elizabeth-hendrickson.net. Archived from the original on 2008-05-28. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- "Fans Cry Foul Over Bianca's Latest Loss!". Soaps In Depth. 2001-12-25. Archived from the original on 2006-02-28. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- "Hendrickson To Return as "Maggie"". www.soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2007-08-12.
- Watkins, Karen (2004-02-10). "A BIRTHDAY WISH...". About.com.
- "AMC: Hope for BAM Fans!". Soap Opera Digest. 2003-07-08. Archived from the original on 2007-09-16. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- "Performers of the Week - Elizabeth Hendrickson & Eden Riegel". Soap Opera Weekly. 2003-02-11. Archived from the original on 2007-09-16. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- Cassidy, Shane. "Women We Love: The Ladies of June '06". lesbianation.com. Archived from the original on 2007-12-31.
- Cassidy, Shane. "Women We Love: The Ladies of March '07". lesbianation.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- "February 5th - Week 3.5 of BAM". Soaps In Depth. 2007-02-05.She cried mea culpa, clashed with Zoe and ultimately returned solo to France. Unfortunately, BAM fans, Maggie appears to have left the building. Try though she might, AMC's Maggie can't seem to convince her ex, Bianca, that her cheating days are over. After begging for forgiveness and pitching in at Fusion, Mags makes her lonely exit on Wednesday, February 7. Is this the end for AMC's Sapphic supercouple? "Bianca still loves her," headwriter Megan McTavish assures the audience. "And yet, at the same time, I don't think it's a given that you necessarily forgive the person who cheated on you. So Maggie has an uphill climb." Ms. Stone's ambiguous exit leaves viewers wondering whether she'll return, yet an AMC rep says nothing is planned at this time.
- "A New Face And A Lot Of Attitude!". theyoungandtherestless.com. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "Soap Opera Digest and Weekly Reports Breaking News". Soap Opera Digest.
- "IMDb Resume for Elizabeth Hendrickson". IMDb. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Ford Fusion Commercial 2008 - "Ice"". Ford Fusion. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Special k Commercial". Bud Light. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Imaginary Bitches". Imaginary Bitches. Retrieved 2008-05-09.