Elizabeth Moody (actor)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2010)|
|Died||12 January 2010 (aged 70)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Moody first came to note nationally in New Zealand during the late 1970s and early 1980s as a regular panellist on the television show Beauty and the Beast hosted by Selwyn Toogood. Her first feature film role was playing Mabel in The Scarecrow. She also played in Undercover Gang, Braindead, Turn of the Blade, and Heavenly Creatures. Her last film role was playing in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring as the character Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.
Moody had been diagnosed with an abscess on the brain and stayed in the hospital for almost three weeks when she died from pneumonia on 12 January 2010. She is survived by her husband, Terence Moody and other family members.
- The Scarecrow – Mabel (1982)
- Undercover Gang – Mrs. Marwick (1986)
- Braindead – Vera Cosgrove (1992)
- Turn of the Blade – Girl in Headshots and Auditions (1994)
- Heavenly Creatures – Miss Waller (1994)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins (2001)
- Beauty and the Beast (TVNZ): 1976–1985. Panellist
- Antiques for Love or Money (TVNZ): Panellist
- The Fire Raiser (TVNZ): 1987