|Elizabeth L. Post|
May 7, 1920|
Englewood, New Jersey, USA
|Died||April 24, 2010
Naples, Florida, USA
|Spouse(s)||Lt. George Eustis Cookman, USN (1941–1943)
William Goadby Post (1944–2010)
|Relative(s)||Emily Post, Peggy Post, Bruce Price|
Post (née Elizabeth Lindley) was born in Englewood, New Jersey, on May 7, 1920, the third child of Allen Ledyard Lindley and Elizabeth Ellsworth Lindley. She was the great-granddaughter of Cyrus Field.
Elizabeth Lindley's first husband was Lt. George Eustis Cookman, USN, who was killed in action in 1943. She married Emily Post's only grandchild, William Goadby Post, in 1944.
She succeeded Emily Post, at The Emily Post Institute and worked for more than 30 years there as director. Mrs. Post revised and updated Emily Post's Etiquette five times from 1965 to 1992, with her last revision selling more than 80,000 copies. Additionally, she wrote a monthly column for Good Housekeeping magazine entitled Etiquette for Everyday. She authored more than ten other books, including Emily Post's Complete Book of Wedding Etiquette, Emily Post on Business Etiquette, and Emily Post on Entertaining,.
She retired in 1995 and was succeeded by her daughter-in-law Peggy Post in her duties at the Emily Post Institute and Good Housekeeping column.
Mrs. Post was known to family and friends as "Libby". According to Peggy Post; "Libby was very open minded, fair and flexible," said daughter-in-law Peggy Post on Tuesday. "She was full of common sense and kindness. Not at all pretentious and not at all stuffy." 
Post enjoyed fishing alongside her husband, and she landed the largest tarpon caught by a woman in the United States.
- Elizabeth Lindley Post, Etiquette Author, Successor to Emily Post, Dies at 89 PR Newswire
- Enid Nemy,In an Age of Finger Food, A New Emily Post, The New York Times, April 20, 1997. Retrieved 02-10-2009.
- Elizabeth L. Post Emily Post on Etiquette, Collins Living, May 12, 1995. ISBN 978-0-06-274011-3
- Elizabeth L. Post, Emily Post's Complete Book of Wedding Etiquette, Harper Collins, 1991. ISBN 978-0-06-270005-6.
- ALICE KEIM LIBRARY/WEDDING PLANNER CD-ROM'S; The Experts On Elegance, The New York Times, October 15, 1998. Retrieved 02-10-2009.
- Etiquette expert Elizabeth Post dies at 89 Burlington Free Press