Elizabeth de Burghersh, 3rd Baroness Burghersh
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Elizabeth le Despencer, Baroness le Despencer)
She married firstly, Maurice FitzGerald, 4th Earl of Kildare. They had at least four children.
By Maurice FitzGerald:
- Gerald FitzGerald, 5th Earl of Kildare
- John FitzGerald, "de jure" 6th Earl of Kildare; on his brother's death he failed to take possession of the Earldom, but was the father of
- Thomas FitzGerald, High Sheriff of County Limerick
- Joanne, who married Tadhg na Mainistreach Mac Carthaigh Mór, King of Desmond.
By Edward le Despencer:
- Margaret le Despencer (died 3 November 1415), married Robert de Ferrers, 4th Baron Ferrers of Chartley
- Elizabeth le Despenser (died 10 April/11 April 1408)
(1) John FitzAlan, 2nd Baron Arundel
(2) William la Zouche, 3rd Baron Zouche
- Thomas le Despencer, 1st Earl of Gloucester (22 September 1373 – 13 January 1400), married Constance of York
- Hugh Despencer
- Cicely Despencer
- Anne Despencer (died 30 October 1426)
(1) Hugh Hastings
(2) Thomas de Morley, 4th Baron Morley
- Burke, John. A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland, Extinct, Dormant, and in Abeyance. London: H. Colburn and R. Bentley, 1831, pp. 173–174.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard, David Faris, and Frederick Lewis Weis. Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700: The Lineage of Alfred the Great, Charlemagne, Malcolm of Scotland, Robert the Strong, and Some of Their Descendants (7th edition), Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing, 1992, pp. 73–74, lines:70-35, 70-36, 74-34, 212-34.
- "Fitzgerald, Maurice, 4th Earl of Kildare", Dictionary of National Biography, (Leslie Stephen ed.), Macmillan & Co., London, 1889
- A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland, Extinct, Dormant, and in Abeyance, books.google.com; retrieved 30 May 2008.
|Peerage of England|
Bartholomew de Burghersh