|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Ellen R. Cohn is an Associate Dean and associate professor at University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, with a secondary faculty appointment at University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy. She is a faculty member of the McGowan Institute of Regenerative Medicine.
Her research interests are in the areas of cleft palate, dentofacial and craniofacial disorders; clinical training in speech-language pathology; pharmacy-based and small group communication, and instructional and telerehabilitation based applications of electronic communication. She has done substantial work in supervision of clinicians who deliver speech-language therapy, and in Web site content development, including Web sites that seek to engage an international audience.
She has authored multiple distance education manuals, and co-authored, with radiologist M. Leon Skolnick Videofluroscopic Studies of Speech in Patients with Cleft Palate. Cohn is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, and has contributed to Educause Quarterly: the IT Practitioners Journal, Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the Journal of Speech-Language and Hearing Disorders, and Radiology. Cohn is the Founding Editor of the International Journal of Telerehabilitation, a peer reviewed Open Access journal published by the University Library System, University of Pittsburgh. Cohn is currently the Chair of the Telerehabilitation Special Interest Group of the American Telemedicine Association.
- Cohn, E, Klinzing. G, Frieze, IH, Sereika. S, Stone, CA, and Vana C, Academic Computing Vulnerabilities: Another View of the Roof, Educause Quarterly, 1: 57- 61, 2004. http://www.educause.edu/apps/eq/eqm04/eqm0419.asp
- Cohn E. and Hibbitts, B. Beyond the Electronic Portfolio: A Lifetime Personal Web Space, Educause Quarterly, 27:4, 7-10, Nov. 2004. http://www.educause.edu/apps/eq/eqm04/eqm0441.asp
- Cohn, E, One Course, One Website—Of Course? Educause Quarterly, 2, 2004.http://www.educause.edu/apps/eq/eqm04/eqm0421.asp
- Cohn, E. Introduction of Computing Competencies for Future Healthcare Professionals, Editor: Dave Brown, In: Teaching With Technology: Sixty Professors From Eight Universities Tell Their Stories, Anker, NH: Anker Publishing Co., 2000.
- Cohn, E, and Stoehr. G. Multidisciplinary Applications of CourseInfo Course Management Software to Motivate Students in Traditional Course Settings, Interactive Multimedia Electronic Journal of Computer-Enhanced Learning, 2:1, http://imej.wfu.edu/articles/2000/1/04/index.asp April, 2000,
- Skolnick, ML and Cohn, ER, Videofluoroscopic Studies of Speech in Patients With Cleft Palate. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1989.
- Cohn ER, Rood, SR, McWilliams BJ, Skolnick, ML, and Abdelmalek, LR, Barium sulphate coating of the nasopharynyx in lateral view videofluoroscopy. Cleft Palate Journal, 21:7,-17, 1984.
- Glaser, ER, (now ER Cohn) Garver, KL, Metz, MC, McWilliams, BJ, Skolnick, ML and Garrett, WS, Velopharyngeal incompetence in a patient with multifocal eosinophilic granuloma, (Hand-Schuller-Christian Disease), Journal of Speech-Language and Hearing Disorders, 47:320-323, 1982.
- McWilliams, BJ, Glaser, ER, (now ER Cohn) Philips, BJ, Lawrence, C, Lavorato, AS, Beery, QC, and Skolnick, ML. A comparative study of four methods of evaluating velopharyngeal adequacy. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 68:1-9, July 1981.
- Skolnick, ML, Glaser, ER (now ER Cohn) and McWilliams, BJ, The uses and limitations of the barium swallow in the detection of velopharyngeal insufficiency, Radiology, 135:301-304, May 1980.
- "Bio: Ellen Cohn, PhD, CCC-SLP". Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on Telerehabilitation Web site. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Ellen R. Cohn Biographical Profile". School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences Web site. University of Pittsburgh. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Cohn, Ellen (2009). "Editor's Note: Journal Overview". International Journal of Telerehabilitation 1 (1): 1–2. doi:10.5195/ijt.2009.699. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Telerehabilitation SIG". American Telemedicine Association Web site. American Telemedicine Association. Retrieved 2 August 2011.