|Ellen R. Malcolm|
Ellen Malcolm (right) attending an EMILY's List event in 2011.
|Born||February 2, 1947|
|Education||Hollins College, B.A. Experimental Psychology (1969)
George Washington University, M.B.A.
|Occupation||Founder and Chair of the Board of EMILY's List|
Ellen R. Malcolm (born February 2, 1947) is an activist with a long career in American politics, particularly in political fundraising. She founded EMILY's List in 1985 and served as its President until 2010.
Malcolm attended Montclair Kimberley Academy, graduating in the class of 1965. After graduating from Hollins College in 1969, she worked for Common Cause in the 1970s. She was a press secretary for National Women's Political Caucus and later Esther Peterson, special assistant for consumer affairs in the Carter administration. She went on to found EMILY's List, a political advocacy organization which supports the election of pro-choice, female Democrats to public office, and was president of America Coming Together. In 2007 she served as co-chair of Hillary Clinton's election campaign, and in 2010 she was appointed to the National Park Foundation Board of Directors.
Malcolm was named one of America's most influential women by Vanity Fair (1998), one of the 100 Most Important Women in America by Ladies' Home Journal (1999), one of the Women of the Year by Glamour (1992), and Most Valuable Player by the American Association of Political Consultants.
- "Ellen Malcolm: Filling The Smoke-Filled Vacuum For Women Candidates With Am-Election-Women". Associated Press. 19 October 1988. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Senior Leadership: Ellen Malcolm". EMILY's List. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Alumni Awards, Montclair Kimberley Academy. Accessed March 6, 2011.
- "Ellen Malcolm And EMILY's List". The Atlantic. 2007-12-31.
- Justice, Glen (2004-11-05). "The 2004 Election: Campaign Finance; Advocacy Groups Reflect on Their Role in the Election". The New York Times.
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|