|Full name||Ellen Whitaker|
|Born||5 March 1986|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
In 2006, Ellen and Her father/trainer Steven Whitaker were hit with a legal dispute over ownership of 13 horses, including her top horse Locarno. However, a few months later a peace deal was made.
In 2007, Ellen represented Great Britain in the European Championships and helped allow Britain to qualify for the Olympics after jumping triple clear. Unfortunately, she just missed out on being selected for the 2008 Beijing Olympics due to lameness in horse Locarno 62.
In 2010, Ellen Whitaker spoke to the press after refusing to jump for the British team due to a conflict with the British team manager, Rob Hoekstra. She told H&H: “I only have Ocolado at the moment and Rob wanted to interfere with the way I do everything.” Her father and manager Steven Whitaker added: "It’s not a matter of Ellen not wanting to jump for her country, but we won’t jump again until Rob Hoekstra is finished." But British Equestrian Federation World Class performance director Will Connell said: "The riders wanted stronger management and leadership and that’s what Rob is delivering." Mr Hoekstra did not wish to comment, saying: “I do not think team issues are best resolved through the press.”
On 19 September 2011, Ellen Whitaker pled guilty to drunk driving. Whitaker was stopped by local Police in Knutsford Town Centre, Cheshire at 2am after she attended a charity ball. A roadside breath test proved positive and she was taken to a police station where her lowest reading was 77 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - more than double the legal limit of 35.
- Kanselier (* 1992), Dutch Warmblood, Gelding, Father: Notaris, Mother's Father: Nimmerdor
- Locarno 62 (* 1996), Holsteiner horse, Stallion, Father: Lord Calidos, Mother's Father: Romino, Owners: Dawn Makin & Steven Whitaker
- Equimax Ocolado (* 1996), Dutch Warmblood, Gelding, Father: Habsburg, Mother's Father: Calvados, Owners: Dawn Makin & Steven Whitaker
- Ladina B (* 1997), Württemberger, Mare
- Royal Rose (*1998), Dutch Warmblood, Stallion, Father: Calvados, Owner: Steven Whitaker
- Ximena (*2001), Mare, Father: Irco Mena 763, Mother's Father: Hertigen, Owners: Dawn Makin & Steven Whitaker
- Arena UK Lando (*2002), Oldenburg horse, Gelding, Father: Landor S, Mother's Father: Lord, Owner: Norman Orly
- Zanzibar, Owner: Oldlodge
former show horses:
- Magic Max
- European Championships:
- 2003, San Remo: Rank 2 (Team)
- 2007, Mannheim: Rank 3 (Team)
Among many others, some of her achievements include:
- Winning the 2010 Hickstead Speed Derby
- Winning the 2009 HOYS show jumper of the year Grand Prix and show jumper of the show
- Winning the HOYS speed stakes in 2006, 2008 and 2009
- Winning the HOYS 2009 Puissance
- Winning the 2007 Hickstead Speed Derby
- "Ellen Whitaker". Horse & Hound. 27 May 2011.
- "Legal claim hits Ellen Whitaker and Locarno". Horse & Hound. 13 April 2006.
- "Ellen Whitaker keeps Locarno". Horse & Hound. 6 July 2006.
- "Ellen Whitaker refuses to ride for Britain under Rob Hoekstra". Horse & Hound. 20 May 2010.
- "Ellen Whitaker". British Show Jumping Association.
- Mott, Sue (26 February 2011). "Supercouple! Hunky new Superman actor and his showjumping girlfriend Ellen Whitaker". Daily Mail (London).
- Nicholl, Katie (18 August 2012). "Showjumper Ellen Whitaker splits from Superman Henry Cavill as he heads to Hollywood". Daily Mail (London).
- "Show jumper banned for drink driving". The Telegraph (London). 17 October 2011.
- "Ellen Whitaker wins the Hickstead Speed Derby". 26 June 2010.