|Location||Totteridge Common, Barnet, North London, England|
|Architect||Richard Norman Shaw|
|Official name: Ellern Mede|
|Designated||14 February 1975|
The design is described by Nikolaus Pevsner as "one of Shaw's asymmetrical Old English L-plan compositions...big, bold half-timbered gable over the entrance, and broad tile-hung flank with half-hipped gable, all anchored by tall chimneys".
In recent years Ellern Mede has been a nursing home, and the Ellern Mede Centre for Eating Disorders. The eating disorders centre has now moved to Mill Hill, where it opened in May 2011 as the Ellern Mede Ridgeway Service for Eating Disorders.
- "Ellern Mede". English Heritage list. English Heritage. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Andrew Saint (29 June 2010). Richard Norman Shaw. Yale University Press. p. 102. ISBN 978-0-300-15526-6. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Bridget Cherry; Nikolaus Pevsner (11 March 1998). London 4: North. Yale University Press. pp. 190–. ISBN 978-0-300-09653-8. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Great Britain. Ministry of Health (1952). Hospitals' directory England and Wales, 1952. H.M. Stationery Off. p. 208. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Ellern Mede". Ellern Mede Centre - About Us. Ellern Mede Centre. Retrieved 20 January 2013.