9 July 1976
London, England, UK
Cowan boarded at Uppingham School in Rutland. He later obtained a first class degree in Drama at the University of Birmingham, before attending the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, from which he graduated in July 2001. From 1994 to 1996 Cowan was a member of the National Youth Music Theatre. He plays guitar and cello, and has worked with the London Sinfonia.
Cowan's television credits include Judge John Deed, Ultimate Force, Jonathan Creek, Poirot, Foyle's War, The Ruby in the Smoke, Lost in Austen and the television movie The Project. He also appeared in a 2009 commercial for Women's Aid.
Cowan has appeared in the films The Golden Compass, Happy-Go-Lucky, The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey and Love and Other Disasters. His theatre work includes productions of The Revenger's Tragedy, Women Beware Women, Henry V, The Seagull and Camille.
|2006||Love and Other Disasters||James Wildstone|
|2007||The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey||James McDowell|
|The Golden Compass||Commanding Officer|
|2009||Heaven and Earth||Captain Hatch||Attached|
|2013||Hammer of the Gods||Hakan|
|2009||Dragon Age: Origins||Ser Perth|
|2010||GoldenEye 007||Alec Trevelyan|
- White, Lesley (26 July 2009). "Elliott Cowan plays Stanley Kowalski". London: The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- Williams, Amy (16 October 2008). "Here come the boys". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- CUT - The Movie - Thanks Women's Aid. Retrieved on 2009-04-17.
- London Theatre Direct. Retrieved on 2011-08-27.
- Elliot Cowan at the Internet Movie Database
- Official ITV 'Lost in Austen' website
- Swim for Alfie
- Zurich for Alfie
- 2011 Lake Zurich Swim - Guy's and St. Thomas's Neonatal - Alfie Blacksell