Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
|Elliot Lake Municipal Airport|
|IATA: YEL – ICAO: CYEL
– WMO: 71268
|Owner/Operator||City of Elliot Lake|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−05:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−04:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||1,086 ft / 331 m|
|Source: Canada Flight Supplement
Movements from Statistics Canada.
To the west of the terminal are storage sheds and hangars for general aviation aircraft.
There are no schedule airlines operating to and from this airport, but facilities exists to handle them.
Current tenants include:
- Air Bravo – air ambulance operator based in Blind River, Ontario and flies to and from Elliot Lake
- Mining company transport – 2 flights transport to Red Lake every two weeks
- Dynamex – logistics and freight services operator flies to and from Elliot Lake on contracts to clients in the area
- Private flight for an ear/nose/throat specialist who flies into Elliot Lake once a week
- Hope Air – provides free medical transport to those in need in the area
The closest airport with scheduled passenger services is Sault Ste. Marie Airport.
- Magnetic Variation: 9° west
The aerodrome is operated by the City of Elliot Lake and is registered by Transport Canada.
- Runway 12/30: 4,495 by 100 ft (1,370 by 30 m), paved, lighted, PAPI type 2 approach lighting at both ends
- Unicom/ATF: Elliot Lake Unicom/Traffic 123.0 MHz
- PAL: Toronto Centre 135.4 MHz
- NDB: Elliot Lake (YEL), 276 kHz, 2.7 nautical miles (5.0 km; 3.1 mi) 123° to airport
- Airport Web Site
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Elliot Lake Municipal Airport from Nav Canada as available.