|Manufacturer||La société Ellipse|
Design and development
The Zenith was designed as a competition hang glider and was built in only one size. With structural reinforcement it is also suitable for adding a motorized harness for powered hang glider operations.
The Zenith is made from aluminum tubing, with the wing covered in Dacron sailcloth. Its 11 m (36.1 ft) span wing is cable braced from a single kingpost. The nose angle is 132° and the aspect ratio is 7.7:1.
- Zenith 150
- Sole unpowered model with a wing area of 15.3 m2 (165 sq ft), wing span of 11 m (36.1 ft), aspect ratio of 7.7:1 and a pilot hook-in weight range of 80 to 120 kg (176 to 265 lb).
- Zenith 150 Moteur
- Powered model with structural reinforcement and a wing area of 15.3 m2 (165 sq ft), wing span of 11 m (36.1 ft), aspect ratio of 7.7:1 and a pilot hook-in weight range of 80 to 120 kg (176 to 265 lb).
Specifications (Zenith 150)
Data from Bertrand
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 11 m (36 ft 1 in)
- Wing area: 15.3 m2 (165 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 7.7
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 43. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X