Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles
|Industry||Mountain bike manufacturing|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, Washington, U.S.|
Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles is a bicycle manufacturer based in Ramona, California with manufacturing facilities in Vancouver, Washington. Founded by Tony Ellsworth in 1991, it produces a range of trail, free-ride, and road bikes. Ellsworth also produce a designer/cruiser bike known as "The Ride" 
The company was founded by Tony Ellsworth. In 1991, Ellsworth built his first bicycle frame after a dramatic career change brought on by deteriorating health. He built his first full-suspension mountain bike for his wife in 1993 and by 1994 Tony was building bikes "for people whose names he didn't know", at which point he considered that he had built a business.
Ellsworth bicycles are unique in that they use Instant Center Tracking technology, an Ellsworth-specific technology. Tony Ellsworth, founder of the company, holds nine patents related to ICT technology.
In 2004 Fallbrook Technologies partnered with Ellsworth to commercialize their NuVinci technology. The NuVinci is a new drivetrain targeted for use on bicycles, though Fallsworth is trying to adapt it for other uses. The large NuVinci hub uses a new technology, a 'continuously variable planetary' drive train, to allow multiple gear ratios while removing the gears. Thus, a derailleur and multiple gears are no longer necessary. This technology is already in use on Ellsworth's 'The Ride', a cruising bike, which was designed specifically for the NuVinci.
- The Ride
- XC 26"
- XC 29"
- All Mountain
- Road Race
Four teams competing in the 2008 Primal Quest Adventure Expedition, a two-week endurance race held near Big Sky, Montana, were sponsored by Ellsworth. Three teams rode Truths, and one rode Epiphanies.
The beginning of 2009 saw the formation of the Ten Speed Drive/Ellsworth Factory Cycling Team. Part of the team's mission is reducing their environmental impact, and both Ten Speed Drive Racing, Inc. and Ellsworth will emphasize their commitment to the environment. The team will use Ellsworth's Scant scandium road bike frames.
- "Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles". Hoover's. 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- Bicycle Retailer and Industry News
- Ellsworth bike range
- Ellsworth - The Ride
- He found happiness off beaten path - The San Diego Union Tribune
- "Technology". Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles. 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "Pedaling Innovation". Inventor's Digest. 18 July 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "Bikes". Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles. 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "Ellsworth & Infinit Nutrition Sponsor Suzuki 24 Hr Series". MTBR.com. 20 March 2008. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles Re-Signs Monique "Pua" Sawicki to a New Multi-Year Sponsorship Agreement". MTBR.com. 29 February 2008. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "ELLSWORTH SPONSORS PRIMAL QUEST ADVENTURE EXPEDITION TEAMS". MTBR.com. 12 June 2008. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "Semi Pro Cycling Team is out to Kick the CO2 Habit". MTBR.com. 8 January 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "Ellsworth Bikes Sponsors British DH Rider Jack Reading". gear.com. 6 April 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2009.