|Industry||Education and Business conferences|
|Website||Elluminate Inc. Home Page|
Elluminate Live! was a web conferencing program developed by Elluminate Inc. Elluminate "rented out" virtual rooms or vSpaces where virtual schools and businesses can hold classes and meetings. Elluminate has been acquired by Blackboard Inc.
While Elluminate is primarily designed and used for educational purposes, it is also used by training organizations and corporations. K12 Inc., Desire2learn  and several other schools and businesses use Elluminate live as part of their curriculum and meetings.
Elluminate Live! communication tools include integrated Voice over IP and teleconferencing, public and private chat, quizzing and polling, emoticons, and a webcam tool. The software includes several visual tools, including whiteboard, application sharing, file transfer, and web tour. The software also includes a record feature that allows the moderator to record the class for others to watch later as well as a graphing tool, breakout rooms for group work, and timer. The whiteboard supports the uploading of presentations for viewing on the whiteboard for class or meeting.
To use Elluminate, the user needs Java Web Start or Java SE by Sun Microsystems. Elluminate Live is designed to be used on all computers, providing they have Java installed. Elluminate is also designed to work on Internet connections that include cable/DSL and 28.8kbit/s or higher dialup connections.
- "K12 Independence Newsletter". K12.com. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "Desire2Learn". Elluminate. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- Nagel, David. "Desire2Learn Integrates Elluminate Live! Collaboration Software". Campus Technology. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "US Department of Education, July 2008". Ed.gov. 2009-10-20. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- University of Iowa Division of Continuing Education, Center for Credit Programs (2010-10-07). "Content - Center for Credit Programs - The University of Iowa". Continuetolearn.uiowa.edu. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "Elluminate Live! Computing Specifications". Rpi.edu. 2006-07-05. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|