|Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan|
April 7, 2004
|Preceded by||Vilayat Guliyev|
July 2, 1960 |
Baku, Azerbaijan SSR, Soviet Union (now Azerbaijan)
Elmar Mammadyarov Maharram oglu (Azerbaijani: Elmar Məmmədyarov Məhərrəm oğlu), born on July 2, 1960, Baku), is the Foreign Minister in the Government of Azerbaijan since 2004. Mammadyarov speaks Russian, English and Turkish.
Mammadyarov was born in Baku, Azerbaijan on July 2, 1960. He studied at the School of International Relations and International Law of the Kiev State University in 1977-1982. He continued his education at the Diplomatic Academy of the MFA of USSR in 1988-1991 and obtained PhD in History. In 1989-1990 Mr. Mammadyarov was an exchange scholar at the Center for Foreign Policy Development of the Brown University.
Mammadyarov started his diplomatic carrier in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijani SSR in 1982. He served there as second and first secretary until 1988. In 1991-1992 he was the Director of the State Protocol Division. In 1992-1995, Mr. Mammadyarov worked in the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the UN in New York. Upon completion of his duties he returned to Baku and in 1995-1998 was the deputy director of the Department of International Organizations in the Ministry. In 1998-2003 he served as counselor at the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the USA. In 2003 Mr. Mammadyarov was appointed Ambassador of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Italy. Since April 2, 2004 he is Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Elmar Mammadyarov and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signing a US-Azerbaijan Memorandum of Understanding on Energy Security Cooperation
- "http://www.mfa.gov.az/eng/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=27". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Elmar Məmmədyarovun Bioqrafiyasi". Adam.az.
- "ПОЛИТИЧЕСКАЯ ЭЛИТА". Retrieved 6 May 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elmar Mammadyarov.|
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Mammadyarov meets Chinese delegation
- Elmar Mammadyarov: "We are rather speaking of a poll"
- Azerbaijan: Armenia Denies Agreeing To Leave Seven Occupied Districts
|This Azeri biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|