7 November 1988 |
|Occupation||Model, basketball player|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Measurements||34-23-35.5 (US); 86-58-90 (EU)|
|Dress size||4 (US) 36 (EU)|
|Shoe size||(US) 8.5 - (EU) 39 - (UK) 6|
Elsa Anna Sofie Hosk (born 7 November 1988) is a Swedish fashion model who has worked for a number of leading brands including Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Ungaro, H&M, Lilly Pulitzer and Guess. She modeled for Victoria's Secret, appearing in the brand's annual fashion show in 2011, 2012 and 2013. She has also appeared in many of the brand's campaigns, especially for the sub-division PINK. She has also played professional basketball in Sweden.
Growing up in Sweden, Hosk was presented with offers to model during high school after her father submitted photographs to various modeling agencies in Sweden when she was 13; she began modeling at 14. She did some modeling in high school but decided to primarily concentrate on her studies instead (she did some notable work with Guess and other companies however). After graduating, she decided to pursue a career in the Swedish women's basketball league. Hosk has commented that the level of play in the Swedish professional basketball league was not on par with the WNBA, and that interest in the sport was not as great in Sweden as in the United States. Although she ultimately abandoned professional basketball for modeling, Hosk has said that the intense rigor of practices (8 per week when playing basketball) and travel helped prepare her for the physical and travel demands of the modeling world.
After playing professional basketball for two years, she began receiving many job offers and soon moved to New York City to begin modeling full-time. Some writers have speculated that her work with Victoria's Secret was what brought her into the top tier fashion world, but Hosk also identifies her work with photographer Ellen von Unwerth in campaigns for Guess.
She is ranked 18th on the Top Sexiest Models list by models.com.
Elsa Hosk is the daughter of father Pål and mother Marja. She has two siblings, a younger brother Lukas and older brother Johan. Her cousin, Alice Herbst, is also a model. Herbst won the televised competition of Sweden's Next Top Model in 2012.
Hosk has worked to support the anti-human-trafficking organization, FAIR Girls. She became interested in the issue after seeing the movie The Whistleblower, which dealt with issues of sex trafficking.
- "Älskade Elsa" [Loved Elsa]. Metro (in Swedish). 19 May 2006. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Såthe, Johan (28 October 2008). "Elsa Hosk" [Elsa Hosk]. Café (in Swedish). Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Forgenie, Cacy (8 November 2011). "The Victoria's Secret Show By The Numbers (DETAILS)". Global Grind. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Alati, Danine (2013). "Elsa Hosk Breaks the Model Mold". Ocean Drive (Niche Media). Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Phelan, Hayley (29 November 2011). "Meet Victoria's Secret Newbie/Ex-Professional Basketball Player Elsa Hosk". Fashionista. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Sieczkowski, Cavan (20 November 2011). "Victoria's Secret Model, Elsa Hosk, Was a Former Professional Basketball Player". International Business Times. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "About". Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Alice vann "Top model"" [Alice won the "Top Model"]. SvD (in Swedish). 11 April 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elsa Hosk.|