Zverotić in 2014
|Full name||Elsad Zverotić|
|Date of birth||31 October 1986|
|Place of birth||Berane, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder / Right back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:38, 16 February 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Elsad Zverotić (Montenegrin Cyrillic: Eлcaд Звepoтић, born 31 October 1986) is a Montenegrin professional footballer, who is playing for FC Sion. He also plays for the Montenegro national team as a defender.
Zverotić began his professional career for FC Bazenheid as a 17-year-old. He was particularly prolific for the club, scoring twelve times in twenty two games. His efforts attracted the attention of FC Wil, who signed him in 2004. Although he played a much more defensive role for Wil, he played well over 100 games in four years for club. He then moved to FC Luzern, with whom he played 84 games. On 14 July 2010, he was a trialist for Leicester City, but ultimately opted to stay with Luzern. He moved to BSC Young Boys in the 2011/12 pre-season.
On 2 September 2013, Zverotić signed a two-year contract with Fulham, with the option for an additional year for an undisclosed fee. He made his debut in the League Cup in an impressive win over Everton in September 2013. Zverotić left Fulham by mutual consent on 16 February 2015.
After beginning his career in Switzerland, Zverotić was called up by Switzerland's under-18 side. However, following this, he pledged his international career to his native Montenegro. He played his first match for the Montenegro U21 team against Albania on 2 May 2007. On 7 September 2010, Zverotić scored the winning goal for Montenegro against Bulgaria in a Euro 2012 qualifier. A year later, he scored his second international goal, in another qualifier against England.
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 4 February 2014. p. 14. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Vijesti: Elsad Zverotić od ljeta u Jang Bojsu February 9, 2011. By Admir HAVERIĆ
- Yahoo! Sports: Liverpool 2-2 Young Boys: Zverotic wonder goal halts Reds progression late on 22 November 2012. By Tom Marshall-Baily
- "Transfer deadline day: Elsad Zverotic joins Fulham". BBC Sport. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- "Zverotić & Fazlic Depart". Fulham F.C. 16 February 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2015.