From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
H. J. Heinz Company's sauce factory for the European market is located south of the town centre.
Elst is home to three high schools: Het Westeraam, Lyceum and Over Betuwe College Elst (OBC Elst).
There are several sports clubs in Elst, including:
- BCE (badminton)
- Spero (soccer)
- Elistha (soccer)
- ETV (tennis)
- EZ & PC (swimming)
- Gaviiformes (scuba diving)
- Gemini (Volleyball)
- HCOB (field hockey)
- Unlimited (basketball)
- Budo vereniging (martial arts)
People born in Elst
- Frits Kuipers (1899–1943), footballer
- Pierre Kartner (born 1935), singer and composer
- Onne Witjes (born 1983), hardstyle DJ and producer
- Paul Kuypers (1939–1971), agricultural scientist
- Jeffrey Leiwakabessy (born 1981), footballer
- Henk "Henkie" Leeuwis (born 1946), singer
- Peter J. Williamson (born 1823), architect (Vanderbilt University), American Civil War adjutant to General William T. Sherman
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Elst". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|