From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Elst (Overbetuwe))
H. J. Heinz Company's sauce factory for the European market is located south of the town centre.
Elst is home to three high schools: Het Westeraam, the Lyceum and the Overbetuwe College.
There are several sports clubs in Elst, including:
- BCE (badminton)
- Spero (soccer)
- Elistha (soccer)
- ETV (tennis)
- EZ & PC (swimming)
- Gaviiformes (scuba diving)
- Gemini (volleyball)
- HCOB (field hockey)
- Unlimited (basketball)
People born in Elst
- Frits Kuipers (1899–1943), footballer
- Pierre Kartner (born 1935), singer and composer
- Onne Witjes (born 1983), hardstyle DJ and producer
- Paul Kuypers (1939–1971), agricultural scientist
- Jeffrey Leiwakabessy (born 1981), footballer
- Henk "Henkie" Leeuwis (born 1946), singer
- Peter J. Williamson (born 1823), architect (Vanderbilt University), American Civil War adjutant to General William T. Sherman
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Elst". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|