Eluru railway station
Indian Railway Station
|Address||Eluru, West Godavari distt., Andhra Pradesh
|Elevation||22 m (72 ft)|
|Line(s)||Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada section of Howrah-Chennai main line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Platforms||1 side platform,1 island platform|
|Tracks||6 Broad gauge 1676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Baggage check||Not available|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operator||South Central Railway|
Between 1893 and 1896, 1,288 km (800 mi) of the East Coast State Railway, between Vijayawada and Cuttack, was opened for traffic. The southern part of the East Coast State Railway (from Waltair to Vijayawada) was taken over by Madras Railway in 1901.
The Mustabad-Gannavaram-Nuzvid-Bhimadolu sector was electrified in 1995-96.
Eluru is one of the eighteen ‘A’ category stations in the Vijayawada Division of South Central Railway. Eluru is also one of the ten model stations in the division.
Amenities at the station include: computerized train reservation facility, waiting room, retiring room and book stall.
Eluru railway station serves about 10,000 passengers everyday.
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "IR History: Part III (1900-1947)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Vijayawada Division – a profile". Indian Railways. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Eluru railway station". Make My Trip. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Eluru (EE)". India Rail Enquiry. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|South Central Railway zone|