Elvis Duran and the Morning Show
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2011)|
|Genre||Comedy, Talk, Music|
|Running time||4 hours (including commercials)|
Coaster Boy Josh
Web Girl Kathleen
|Air dates||since 1996 (at WHTZ)|
Elvis Duran And The Morning Show (formerly known as The Z Morning Zoo) is the name of an American syndicated weekday morning radio program hosted by Elvis Duran. The show originates from the studios of Newark-licensed WHTZ in New York City, a Top 40 outlet branded as "Z100". The show is also syndicated through Premiere Radio Networks in over 75 markets such as Philadelphia, Miami, Cleveland, St. Louis and Austin. The live airing of the show is weekdays from 6am-10am Eastern, with Central markets also airing it live from 5am-9am CT, and other time zones further west taking the show on tape delay. A "best of the week" compilation show is also carried on Saturday mornings by most stations.
While it was not created at WHTZ, the popular morning zoo format became a widely-employed morning show concept based on its success at Z100 - even to the point of being implemented at WHTZ's sister station in Cleveland, rock-formatted WMMS. Essentially, the Morning Zoo formula was grafted onto their already successful morning show, and lasted until 1994.
The regular segments of the program include the gossip-heavy "Sleaze Report", "Phone Taps" (prank calls to an unsuspecting friend or relative of a listener), stunts performed by Greg T "The Round Headed Frat Boy", song parodies, and various contests. Local windows are made available for news briefs and weather and traffic reports.
The show began to be syndicated to other Clear Channel stations on May 22, 2006, starting with WHYI-FM/Miami, then WIOQ/Philadelphia on July 22, 2008, and WAKS/Cleveland on August 25, 2008, with approximately seventy stations now carrying the show after Clear Channel's Premiere Radio Networks began to offer the program nationally in March 2009.
Until May 2008 the show was known as "Elvis Duran and The (Y/Z) Morning Zoo". Slowly until July 2008 and the addition of more stations, the word "Zoo" was replaced with "Show" to make it more palatable to stations with other brandings or aversions to using the "Morning Zoo" term in their promotional advertising.
Bethany Watson joined the show in a cameo on August 10, 2012. Her first official show was August 13, 2012.
- Elvis Duran "Stage name for Barry Cope"
- Danielle Monaro
- Bethany Watson "Stage name for Bethany Johnson"
- Greg T ("The Fratboy")
- Skeery Jones, (Executive Producer)
- David Brody (Executive Producer)
- Nate Marino ("Straight Nate")(Senior Executive Producer)
- Garrett Vogel
- Carla Marie
- Scotty B
- Ronnie ("The Bald Freak" )
- Coaster Boy Josh
- Worst Assistant In The World Anthony
- Web Girl Kathleen
- Morning Show Horoscopes with Danielle and Bethany
- Phone Taps
- Danielle's Sleaze
- Reality Check (News) by Bethany
- Sound with Garrett
- Around The Room
- What's Trending with Carla Marie
- Way Back Wednesday Phone Tap - Wednesdays
- Top of the Charts - Thursdays
- Greg T's Topic Train - Tuesdays and Fridays
- The Movie Man (formerly Mr. Moviefone)
- Workout Wednesday with Anthony
Occasional segments and bits
- Greg T - Man on the Street
- It's You, It's Them
- The Answer is Meat
- Song Parodies
- Farmer Ronnie presents Chickens Sing The Hits
- Elvis Lists
- Who's Chewing Those Chips?
- Guy, Girl or Gay
- Office Slut Wednesday
- Mr. Cardboard Tube - Voiced by Elvis with a cardboard tube
- College of Knowledge
- Free Money Phone Tap
- Greg T Jumping Naked In Your Pool
- Chicken Parm Friday
- Bag O' Questions
- The Topic Juggler (Elvis' version of Greg T's Topic Train)
- Mr. Program Director
- The Man Council
- Moron Jeopardy
- Entertainment Minute with Danielle
- iTunes Top 10 Hits with Greg T
- All You Really Need To Know About Sports This Week with David Brody
- What's New on DVD with Ronnie Scalzo
- Celebrity Birthdays with Skeery Jones
- Celebrity Sound File (selected previous audio clips of the show's celebrity guest live interviews)
- John Bell's Stupid News
- John Bell's Latest Game
- Carolina's Rage Page
- Lauren's Bad Ass Chick
- TJ's Sound (Still continues under Garrett)
- Official website
- Listen to Elvis Duran 24/7 online via iheartradio.com