Elyria Catholic High School
|Elyria Catholic High School|
|725 Gulf Road
Elyria, Ohio, (Lorain County), 44035
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Color(s)||Green and White|
|Athletics conference||West Shore Conference|
|Rival||Elyria High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Admissions Director||Michael Wisnor
|Athletic Director||Michael Wisnor|
Elyria Catholic High School is a private Catholic high school located in Elyria, Ohio, 20 miles west of Cleveland. It is run by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland. Elyria Catholic was built in 1949 and since then has graduated more than 7,500 young men and women. A newly added physical education complex was completed in 2007 along with an economics lab. Elyria Catholic is the only Catholic high school found in Lorain County.
The school colors are forest green and white. The mascot is the Panther. The school is a member of the North Coast League. The football and soccer teams play in the Knights of Columbus Field which was built in the early 1960s. In 2007 the Knights of Columbus Field was dedicated to Sgt. Lane Tollett from the class of 1994. Sgt. Tollett died while serving his country in Iraq.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Football – 1976, 1983, 1984 
- Boys Cross country – 1973, 1974, 1977, 1978 
- Boys Cross country- State Runner's Up 2010
- Girls Tennis Doubles - 2007
- Matt Wilhelm - Class of 1999 - Backup NFL Linebacker for various teams, part of the 2002 Ohio State University Bowl Championship Series (BCS) Championship team. Had his #34 Elyria Catholic football jersey retired in 2002.
- Bob Frantz - Class of 1986 - Radio Broadcaster and Television Host. Bob is the host of "The Bob Frantz Show" on Newsradio WTAM 1100. Bob has also hosted radio shows in San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; and Toldeo, Ohio. Bob was also the sideline reporter for the Oakland Raiders Radio Network for 2 seasons. In 2009, Bob became the host of Warrant Unit, a Northeast Ohio based version of America's Most Wanted, targeting unsolved crimes and wanted fugitives.
- Malek Masri - Class of 2005 - Pricing Analyst at Security National Automotive Acceptance Company and semi-amateur golfer, played for Lorain County Community College.
- Brianne McLaughlin - Class of 2005 - Named to the U.S. women's ice hockey team at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Retrieved 2009-06-23.[dead link]
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Football". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Brianne McLaughlin's U.S. Olympic Team bio