|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (April 2013)|
Elysion, circa 2011
|Genres||Alternative metal, gothic metal|
|Years active||Since 2006|
|Past members||Petros Fatis
The band is composed of members Christianna (lead vocals), Johnny Zero (guitar), Anthony FxF (bass guitar), Nid (guitar) and Laitsman (drums). Past members are Maxi Nil (lead vocals) and Petros Fatis (drums).
The album was met with mostly average to positive reviews. Femmetal Online gave the album a high rating, stating that "[t]he songs on 'Silent Scream' are so unrelenting and infectious that I had a hard time finding any fault at all with this CD. The sound and production is excellent and the band worked with American engineer Ted Jensen." The German edition of Metal Hammer gave the album an average rating, calling it a "potential sensation" although the tracks were not found to be innovative.
On January 24, 2014, Elysion released its new album called "Someplace Better", produced by Mark Adrian at ARTemis Studios in Athens, Greece, mixed by Dan Certa (We Are The Fallen, Ben Moody, Seether) and mastered by David Collins (Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Mötley Crüe). Gustavo Sazes, who already worked for bands like Arch Enemy or Morbid Angel, is responsible for the cover artwork.
The album track list: Made Of Lies, Someplace Better, Fairytale, The Promise, Our Fate, Awake, What Lies Beneath, Transparent, Breakfree, In Despair, Changing, Made Of Lies (Instrumental), Someplace Better (Instrumental).
- Elysion (2006)
Awards and nominations
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
|2006||Elysion (demo)||Best Demo Record in Metal Hammer magazine||Nominated|
|2007||Elysion||Best New Act in Fillipos Nakas Award||Won|
|2007||Elysion||Best Rock Band in Fillipos Nakas Music Award||Won|
- List of alternative-metal artists
- List of gothic-metal bands
- List of Greek musical artists
- Music of Greece
- Froghy, Jasmin (February 2010). "Elysion – Silent Scream". Sonic Seducer (in German). Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- [dead link] . Femmetal Online.
- Staff (1 January 2010). "Elysion – Silent Scream". Metal Hammer (in German). Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- xFiruath (27 October 2012). "Elysion to Release New EP 'Killing My Dreams'" Metal Underground. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Night, Nataly (December 16, 2009). "Elysion - Silent Scream". reflectionsofdarkness.com. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2013)|