Embassy of Colombia, London
|Embassy of Colombia, London|
|Address||3 Hans Crescent
London SW1X 0LN, UK
|Ambassador||Néstor Osorio Londoño|
The Embassy of Colombia in London is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of Colombia in the United Kingdom. It is headed by the Ambassador of Colombia to the United Kingdom. It is located in the Knightsbridge district in a building it shares with the Embassy of Ecuador, near Harrods, Hyde Park, and Hans Place, precisely at 3 Hans Crescent at the intersection of Basil Street, and it is serviced by the Knightsbridge station.
. The Embassy is charged with representing the interests of the President and Government of Colombia, improving diplomatic relations between Colombia and the accredited countries, promoting and improving the image and standing of Colombia in the accredited nations, promoting the Culture of Colombia, encouraging and facilitating tourism to and from Colombia, and ensuring the safety of Colombians abroad.
The structure that houses the Embassy is a white stucco-fronted red-brick building. The embassy is a suite of rooms occupying part of the ground floor of the building, which has been described as an "apartment block".
Colombia also maintains a number of other buildings in the city: a Consulate at 35 Portland Place, Marylebone, a Commercial Section at 2 Conduit Street, Mayfair and a Military, Naval & Police Attaché’s Office at 83 Victoria Street, Victoria.
- "The London Diplomatic List". 7 December 2013.
- "Misiones de Colombia en el Exterior: Reino Unido" (in Spanish). Colombia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "3 Hans Crescent". Google Maps. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Colombia, President of (20 June 2011). "Decreto 2182 de 2011" (decree). Diario Oficial (in Spanish) (Bogotá: Colombia, National Printing Office) (48, 107). ISSN 0122-2112. OCLC 500057889. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- John Paul Rathbone (2012-08-15). "Assuaging Assange". Financial Times. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "London Diplomatic List". Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Neuman, William; Ayala, Maggy (16 August 2012). "Ecuador Grants Asylum to Assange, Defying Britain". New York Times. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Official website (English)
|This Colombia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|