Embassy of the United States, Kiev
|Embassy of the United States in Kyiv|
|Address||4 A.I. Sikorsky St, 04112 Kyiv, Ukraine|
The United States recognized the independence of Ukraine on December 26, 1991 and opened an Embassy in its capital, Kiev, in January 22, 1992. The U.S. Embassy in Kiev has moved to its new $247 million location in January 2012 on 4.5 hectares of land at 4 Aircraft Designer Igor Sikorsky Street, 04112 Kiev, Ukraine, close to Kiev’s northern outskirts. The U.S. Embassy requested the Kiev City Council to rename Tankova Street in Shevchensky District, after the Ukrainian-born aircraft design engineer Igor Sikorsky. The embassy is a 15 minute walk from the Beresteiska station of the Kiev Metro.
Today U.S. Embassy in Kiev is staffed by approximately 181 Americans and more than 560 Ukrainians, representing more than a dozen U,S.
Principal U.S. Embassy Officials include:
- Ambassador--Geoffrey Pyatt President Viktor Yanukovych accepted current Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt's credentials on 15 August 2013.
- Deputy Chief of Mission
- Political Counselor
- Economic Counselor
- Public Affairs Counselor
- Consul General
- Management Counselor
- Commercial Officer
- USAID Mission Director
- Regional Security Officer
- Department of Energy Director
- Agricultural Attaché
- Defense Attaché
- Peace Corps Director
Former U.S. Ambassadors
- Jon Gundersen, (1992), Chargé d'Affaires ad interim.
- Roman Popadiuk, (1992–1993), Ambassadors.
- William Green Miller, (1993–1998).
- Steven Karl Pifer, (1997–2000).
- Carlos Pascual, (2000–2003).
- John E. Herbst, (2003–2006).
- William B. Taylor, (2006–2009).
- John Tefft, (2009-2013).
- Geoffrey Pyatt (2013-)
- United States Ambassador to Ukraine
- List of diplomatic missions in Ukraine
- Ukraine – United States relations
- Embassy of Ukraine in Washington, D.C.
- Igor Sikorsky
- Welcome, Mr. Pyatt!, Den (5 August 2013)
- Yanukovych accepts credentials from new US ambassador, discusses with him Ukrainian-US relations, Interfax-Ukraine (15 August 2013)
- The Embassy has moved!
- The "Oslo Syndrome", American Diplomacy, November, 2011. Accessed April 1, 2014.
- Previous Ambassadors
- Embassy of the United State KYIV-UKRAINE. William Green Miller
- Embassy of the United State KYIV-UKRAINE. Steven Karl Pifer
- "Carlos Pascual". United States Department of State. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- A testing time for democracy
- Ex- US ambassador to Georgia John Tefft to lead diplomatic mission in Ukraine, Interfax-Ukraine (September 30, 2009)
- Yushchenko accepted credentials of US Ambassador and Ambassador of Turkey to Ukraine, UNIAN (December 7, 2009)