From left to right: Wesley Stromberg, Drew Chadwick and Keaton Stromberg
|Origin||Sequim, Washington, United States|
|Genres||Pop rock, reggae|
|Associated acts||The X Factor finalists 2012
Emblem3 is an American reggae pop rock band consisting of brothers Wesley Stromberg, Keaton Stromberg, and their best friend Drew Chadwick. In They signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records and Columbia Records after finishing fourth on the second season of The X Factor USA.
2012: The X Factor
In 2012, Emblem3 auditioned in San Francisco for the second season of The X Factor USA, singing an original song called "Sunset Blvd", written by Drew. During bootcamp, they sang "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls and at judges' houses, they performed "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police. They were then selected to go on to live shows.
Emblem3 performed "One Day" by Matisyahu during their first live show on October 31. In addition they were selected as the first group to enter the top twelve by Simon Cowell. On the second live show on November 7, the group performed a mashup of "My Girl" by the Temptations and "California Gurls" by Katy Perry with "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction as the background track. After the second live show the group was ranked sixth based on the fan votes and made it to the next week's live shows. On the third live show, they performed "No One" by Alicia Keys and were ranked fourth by the fan votes moving on to week five. On the fourth live show on November 21, 2012, they performed "Secrets" by OneRepublic and were ranked again 4th by the American public. For the fifth live show, they performed "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees and were ranked third. On the sixth live show, the group performed two songs: the first one, chosen by their mentor, was "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars; the second song, chosen by the fans in the Pepsi Challenge, was "Forever Young" by Alphaville. The group was once again ranked third overall by the fans' votes. In the semi-finals, they performed "Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton as their own choice and "Hey Jude" by The Beatles as Cowell's choice. They were eliminated on the result show and placed fourth.
Performances on The X Factor
Emblem3 performed the following songs on The X Factor:
|Audition||Free choice||"Sunset Blvd"||Emblem3||N/A||Through to bootcamp|
|Bootcamp 1||Solo performance||"Iris"||Goo Goo Dolls||Through to bootcamp 2|
|Bootcamp 2||Group performance||Not Aired||Through to bootcamp 3|
|Bootcamp 3||Duet performance||Through to judges' houses|
|Judges' houses||Free choice||"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"||The Police||Through to live shows|
|Week 1||Made in America||"One Day"||Matisyahu||16||Saved by Simon Cowell|
|Week 2||Songs from movies||"My Girl/California Gurls/What Makes You Beautiful"||The Temptations/Katy Perry/One Direction||4||Safe (6th)|
|Week 3||Divas||"No One"||Alicia Keys||11||Safe (4th)|
|Week 4||Giving Thanks||"Secrets"||OneRepublic||3||Safe (4th)|
|Week 5||Number-ones||"I'm a Believer"||The Monkees||8||Safe (3rd)|
|Week 6||Unplugged songs||"Just the Way You Are"||Bruno Mars||2||Safe (3rd)|
|Pepsi Challenge songs||"Forever Young"||Alphaville||8|
|Semi-final||Contestant's choice||"Baby, I Love Your Way"||Peter Frampton||3||Eliminated (4th)|
|No theme||"Hey Jude"||The Beatles||7|
2013–present: Nothing to Lose
The trio began to record their debut album, Nothing to Lose, in December 2012. It was released on July 30, 2013. The lead single off of the album is "Chloe (You're the One I Want)". They also toured to promote their music in their "Goin' Back to Cali Tour" that took place in April 2013.
On December 5, 2013, Emblem3 had their homecoming performance on X Factor singing "Just For One Day." After their performance, they announced their first national headlining tour that will take place in 2014.
|This section is outdated. (September 2013)|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Nothing to Lose||7||6||8||21||
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|2013||"Chloe (You're the One I Want)"||93||26||67||7||25||87||93||
||Nothing to Lose|
- Current Members
- Drew Michael Chadwick (born October 1, 1992) - lead vocals (rapping), guitar
- Wesley Trent Stromberg (born December 6, 1993) - main vocals, guitar, bongo drum
- Keaton Robert Stromberg (born July 16, 1996) - bass guitar, vocals, back up guitar
Awards and nominations
|2013||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Music: Breakout Group||Emblem3||Won|
|PopCrush — Best of Summer||Best Summer Song||Chloe (You're the One I Want)||Nominated|
|Best Summer Album||Nothing to Lose|
|Teen Icon Awards||Icon of Tomorrow||Emblem3|
|Iconic Viner||Wesley Stromberg|
|Capricho Awards||Gato Internacional (International Cutie)||Drew Chadwick||Pending|
|Melhor Show no Brasil (Best Show in Brazil)||Emblem3|
|Revelação Internacional (International Development)|
- West Coast tour (2013)
- E3 Goes East (2013)
- Goin' Back to Cali (2013)
- Emblem3 Summer Tour (2013)
- Stars Dance Tour (Opening Act) (2013)
The group also preformed at multiple festivals throughout the year such as Z-Fest (Brazil), Kiss Concert (Boston, MA), etc.
- "Emblem3 – Discover music, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm". Last.fm. 2013.
- "‘X Factor’ Group Emblem 3 Officially Releasing An Album In 2013". Penske Media Corporation. January 9, 2013.
- "Emblem3 Releases New Single, ‘Chloe (You're The One I Want)' (LISTEN)". Huffington Post. April 15, 2013.
- "OK! Exclusive: See Emblem3′S Deluxe Album Cover And Track Listing For ‘Nothing To Lose!’". OK! magazine. June 13, 2013.
- Emblem 3's First Audition - Sunset Boulevard - Emblem 3 video - Fanpop
- The X Factor On Fox - Videos
- 'X Factor': Emblem3's First Live Show Performance
- 'X Factor' 2012 elimination recap: Emblem3 falls short of the finals | NJ.com
- Emblem3 Sets 'Nothing to Lose' Release Date Ahead of Selena Gomez Tour (Video)
- Emblem3 is Goin' Back 2 Cali! : Emblem 3
- "Robin Thicke Gets First No. 1 Album On Billboard 200". Billboard magazine. August 7, 2013. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "On the Verge: Emblem3 makes its mark in mainstream". USA Today. October 10, 2013.
- Selena Gomez Welcomes Emblem3 & Christina Grimmie as Openers on Stars Dance Tour : Selena Gomez