|Birth name||Leandro Roque de Oliveira|
August 17, 1985 |
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
The rapper is known for his impromptu rhymes, that made him one of the most respected MCs in Brazil. Regarded as one of the biggest revelations of underground hip hop in his country, Emicida accumulates thousands of hits on every battle in his YouTube page and about 900 thousand views on his MySpace page.
Leandro was born into a poor family. He composed rhymes and passed them to his friend to record and sell. His father died when Leandro was still a child, as told in the song "Ooorra ...".
The name Emicida is a portmanteau of the words Emcee and homicide. Because of his frequent victories in the battles of improvisation, his friends began to say that Leandro was a "killer", who kills his opponents through rhymes. Later, the rapper turned it into an acronym for Enquanto Minha Imaginação Compor Insanidades Domino A Arte (rough translation, While my imagination compose insanities I dominate the art).
Live performances are accompanied by the DJ instrumental in Nyack. The Emicida career began in the early 1990, where his parents organized black dances in the outskirts of São Paulo, and he began to use the equipment and write his first rhymes.
- Pra Quem Já Mordeu Um Cachorro Por Comida, Até Que Eu Cheguei Longe... (2009)
- Emicídio (2010)
- Sua Mina Ouve Meu Rep Tamém (2010)
- Doozicabraba e a Revolução Silenciosa (2011)
- 2008: "Triunfo"
- 2009: "E.M.I.C.I.D.A"
- 2010: "Avua Besouro"
- 2010: "Emicídio"
- 2011: "Rua Augusta"
- 2011: "Então Toma!"
- 2011: "Viva"
- 2011: "Ainda Ontem"
- 2011: "Eu Gosto Dela"
- 2012: "Zica, Vai Lá!"
- 2012: "Dedo Na Ferida"
- 2013: "Crisântemo"
- 2013:“Gueto(feat MC Guimê)”
- 2013: "Hoje Cedo (feat Pitty)"
- 5 minutes with... Emicida Interview on timeout.com.br
- Meet Emicida, ascending Brazilian rapper deepbrazil.com, 15 April 2011
- "Só no site: Emicida style". Revista Trip. Retrieved 2 October 2009.
- "TramaVirtual". UOL. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Emicida "9 Círculos" (from the Max Payne 3 Original Soundtrack". May 8, 2012. Retrieved December 16, 2013.)