Nsue in training with Real Sociedad in 2010
|Full name||Emilio Nsue López|
|Date of birth||30 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Palma, Spain|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Forward / Wingback|
|2008–2009||→ Castellón (loan)||38||(7)|
|2009–2010||→ Real Sociedad (loan)||33||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Nsue was born in Palma, Majorca, Balearic Islands. A RCD Mallorca youth graduate, he made his professional debut for the club on 3 February 2008, playing injury time in a 1–1 draw at Villarreal CF. He added five more minutes the following week in a 0–0 home tie against UD Almería.
For the 2008–09 campaign, Nsue was loaned to CD Castellón in the second division. Regularly used in a comfortable campaign for the Valencian, he scored twice in a home game against Levante UD on 18 October 2008 (4–1).
On 17 July 2009 Nsue was loaned to Real Sociedad, on a season-long move. Although rarely a starter he was an important offensive unit as the Basque ultimately returned to La Liga after a three-year absence.
Nsue returned to Mallorca for 2010–11 and begun the season in the starting XI, the first match being a 0–0 home draw against Real Madrid. On 3 October 2010 he scored his first official goal for the club, heading in from a corner at FC Barcelona in an eventual 1–1 draw; he appeared in all 38 league games and netted four times, with the side narrowly avoiding relegation.
In the 2011–12 season Nsue played in several matches as an attacking right back, and totalled nearly 2,000 minutes of action (20 starts) to help Mallorca rank eighth. After conversations with manager Joaquín Caparrós during pre-season, it was agreed that he would start the following campaign in that position.
From an Equatoguinean father, Nsue rejected during several years the offer to represent the Equatorial Guinea national team at senior level. In 2009, after having appeared for Spain at various youth levels, he started playing with its U21s.
Three years later, Nsue refused to play the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations with Equatorial Guinea as he wanted to be a part of the Spanish under-23 team that competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics, but ultimately did not make the final cut.
In March 2013, accompanied by Federación Ecuatoguineana de Fútbol president Domingo Mituy and footballer Benjamín Zarandona, he signed a contract with the Federation and committed himself to attend all call-ups in which he was included, with the federation responsible for covering the costs and incentives.
Nsue scored on his debut for Equatorial Guinea in an unofficial friendly with Benin on 21 March 2013, being team captain and playing the first 45 minutes. He was again captain on his first official appearance, scoring a hat-trick in a 4–3 win over Cape Verde in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier; both games against the latter opponent would later be considered invalid and FIFA awarded two 0–3 losses to the Nzalang, stating the player was not eligible.
- Spain U19
- Spain U20
- Spain U21
- "Emilio Nsue, savia nueva para el ataque mallorquinista" [Emilio Nsue, new blood for mallorquinista offense] (in Spanish). Diarios de Fútbol. 4 February 2008.
- "El Castellón golea en el derbi ante el Levante" [Castellón routs Levante in derby] (in Spanish). Marca. 18 October 2008. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Slow start for Mourinho; ESPN Soccernet, 29 August 2010
- Nsue shocks Barca; ESPN Soccernet, 3 October 2010
- "Nsue: "Empezaré en el lateral"" [Nsue: "I will start as a fullback"] (in Spanish). Mallorca's official website. 13 July 2012.
- Oficial: Emilio Nsue, nuevo internacional del Nzalang (Official: Emilio Nsue, Nzalang's new international); Football of Equatorial Guinea, 7 March 2013 (Spanish)
- "Emilio Nsue jugará con el Nzalang Nacional" [Emilio Nsue will play with the Nzalang Nacional] (in Spanish). Guinea Ecuatorial Press. 7 March 2013.
- "Equatorial Guinea sanctioned for fielding ineligible player". FIFA.com. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Parejo the hero as Spain reign again; UEFA.com, 27 July 2007
- ITA – ESP 1:2 (0:0); Pescara 2009, 4 July 2009
- Mallorca official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- Emilio Nsue at National-Football-Teams.com
- Emilio Nsue – FIFA competition record
- Soccerway profile