Emily Chang (journalist)
|Born||Emily Hsiu-Ching Chang
Honolulu, Hawaii, US
|Spouse(s)||Jonathan Stull (m. 2010)|
Emily Hsiu-Ching Chang, an American journalist, is a Bloomberg TV anchor based in San Francisco, where she hosts Bloomberg West, a daily show focused on technology. She was a CNN correspondent based in Beijing China from 2008 to 2010, prior to which she reported from CNN's London bureau. Before joining CNN, she was an award-winning reporter for KNSD in San Diego and KHON in Honolulu.
Bloomberg West 
She left CNN and joined Bloomberg TV on Sept. 25, 2010. Bloomberg West debuted on February 28, 2011, as the only network or cable TV show to be based in San Francisco. The daily show features original reporting and interviews with tech newsmakers including venture capitalists, CEOs, start-up entrepreneurs, and analysts.
Early career 
During her time in China, Chang reported on prominent stories including the 2008 Beijing Olympics, China's economic transformation and its environmental consequences, the 2008 floods of South China, the aftermath of the Sichuan earthquake, North Korea's nuclear ambitions and President Obama's historic visit to Asia. During Obama's visit to Shanghai, Chang was briefly detained by the police for her coverage of the banned Oba-mao t-shirt, which depicted the American President dressed in iconic Red Army attire. In London, Chang covered European and international events including the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. She had a one-on-one interview with Benazir Bhutto, former prime minister of Pakistan, weeks before her assassination.
Chang was named one of San Francisco's "Hot 20 2011" by 7x7 magazine. While reporting for KNSD in San Diego, Chang won five Emmy Awards for her coverage of topics including drug smuggling across the US-Mexico border.
Personal life 
- "Emily Chang". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- Joe Pompeo (September 24, 2010). "Bloomberg TV Nabs CNN's Emily Chang, Expands Silicon Valley Coverage". Businessinsider.com. Retrieved May 24, 2011. Text " Sep. 24, 2010, 4:23 pm " ignored (help); Text " 3,513 " ignored (help)
- Evangelista, Benny (June 27, 2011). "Bloomberg TV goes live from West Coast Feb. 28". SFGate. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- "Bloomberg West Covers Tech With A Silicon Valley Twist: ‘Very Unique And Very Not New York’". Mediaite. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- "Bloomberg West website". Bloomberg. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- "In the Field: Hear from CNN reporters across the globe Blog Archive – 'Communist Obama' T-shirt tussle". CNN. Retrieved May 24, 2011.
- November 16, 2009 (November 16, 2009). "'Obamao' artwork tests limits of free speech in China". Culture Monster at Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 24, 2011. Text " 2:00 pm " ignored (help)
- "Hot 20 2011: Emily Chang, Bloomberg West cohost". 7x7. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- Emmy Awards
- "Emily Chang, Jonathan Stull". The New York Times. July 2, 2010. Retrieved May 24, 2011.