Emily Swallow is an American actress.
Swallow was raised in Jacksonville, Florida, whilst being educated at Stanton College Preparatory School she began her career acting in various college, amateur and professional theatre productions. She then graduated in 2001 with a BA in Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Virginia, and then studied for a MFA in Acting from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Swallow started her career on Broadway theatre, where she performed in various productions including High Fidelity, King Lear, The Taming of the Shrew, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at the Guthrie Theater, Much Ado About Nothing for Shakespeare in the Park, and the world-premiere of Off-Broadway shows Romantic Poetry and Measure for Pleasure. In 2013 she collaborate with Mark Rylance and poet Louis Jenkins on the world premiere of Nice Fish at the Guthrie Theater.
Swallow’s first television role was in Guiding Light, later taking parts in The Good Wife, NCIS, Flight of the Conchords, Medium, TNT's medical drama Monday Mornings and Rizzoli & Isles. She is currently starring in the The Mentalist as FBI agent Kim Fischer.
- "Emily Swallow". CBS. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Charlie Patton (June 27, 2013). "Decorated cast will read 'Steel Magnolias' at Theatre Jax on Saturday". Florida Times Union. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Nancy McAlister (April 19, 2001). "Careers for Jacksonville hopefuls at a healthy stage". Florida Times Union. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Richenthall, Matt (November 15, 2013). "Emily Swallow Upped to Series Regular on The Mentalist". TV Fanatic. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "Emily Swallow". LinkedIn. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|