Bekrić at the 2012 Summer Olympics
4 March 1991 |
Belgrade, SR Serbia, Yugoslavia
|Height||1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||88 kg (194 lb)|
|Event(s)||400 metres hurdles|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||400 metres: 46.49
400-m hurdles: 48.05 (NR)
Emir Bekrić (Serbian Cyrillic: Емир Бекрић, born 14 March 1991) is a Serbian hurdler who specialises and holds the Serbian national record for the 400 metres hurdles. He is coached by Mirjana Stojanović. In 2013, Bekrić became the first male track and field athlete from Serbia to win a medal at the IAAF Outdoor World Championships.
Born to Bosniak father Atif and Serb mother Mirjana, Emir has a sister named Sena. He is an Orthodox Christian, and has said that religion and Orthodoxy are very important for him and have helped him in his career.
Bekrić won a bronze medal at the 2011 European Athletics U23 Championships in Ostrava. At the 2011 Summer Universiade in Shenzhen he broke the national record in semifinal for the 400 meter hurdles, breaking 50 seconds and beating Jeshua Anderson who later won the gold medal in the finals. At the 2012 European Championships he again broke national record in semi finals. In the final he won a silver medal. In the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Bekrić broke the Serbian national record for the 400m hurdles for the third time with a time of 49.21 seconds. At the 2013 World Championships in Athletics in Moscow he won the bronze medal and broke the national record with a time of 48.05 seconds.
|400 metres||46.49s||Belgrade, Serbia||4 August 2013|
|400 metres hurdles||48.05s||Moscow, Russia||15 August 2013|
|400 metres||47.17s||Prague, Czech Republic||25 February 2014|
- All-Athletics. "Profile of Emir Bekric".
- Stojmenović, D. (2 January 2013). "Emir Bekrić za Telegraf: Zahvalan sam Bogu što me vodi pravim putem". Telegraf. Retrieved 7 September 2013. (Serbian)
- Višnjić, D. (2013-08-15). "Бронза златног сјаја Емира Бекрића". Politika. Retrieved 7 September 2013. (Serbian)
- "Španovićeva: Dajte nam halu" (in Serbian). Novosti. 20 July 2011. (Serbian)
- Athletics 400m hurdles men – 2011 Shenzen Summer Universiade (PDF)
- Vukanovic, Predrag (28 June 2012). "EP: Emir istrčao za finale". Euro Sport. Retrieved 7 September 2013. (Serbian)
- "Heat Results".
|Awards and achievements|
|Men's European Athletics Rising Star of the Year
| The Best Athlete of Serbia