JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
|JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel|
|Former names||Emirates Park Towers Hotel & Spa|
|Location||Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Construction started||November 2006|
|Completed||Tower 1 - 2012
Tower 2 - 2013
|Antenna spire||355.4 m (1,166 ft)|
|Roof||298.1 m (978 ft)|
|Top floor||298.1 m (978 ft)|
|Floor area||320,314 m2 (3,447,830 sq ft)|
|Lifts/elevators||Tower 1 - 14
Tower 2 - 14
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Arch Group Consultants|
|Main contractor||Brookfield Multiplex|
|Number of rooms||Tower 1 - 804 rooms
Tower 2 - 804 rooms
The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel is the world's tallest hotel, a 72-storey, 355 m (1,165 ft) twin-tower skyscraper complex in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The AED1.8 billion features a 1,608-room hotel run by Marriott International.
With the first tower open, the hotel comprises 14 food and beverage outlets, rooftop bars, a business center, conference halls and meeting rooms, an extensive banquet hall, a 3,700 m2 (40,000 sq ft) spa and health club, as well as retail outlets, a swimming pool, and a gymnasium.
This project, owned by The Emirates Group, was originally conceived as a single, 350 m (1,150 ft), 77-storey tower intended to be completed in 2008 and built alongside the Sheikh Zayed Road. However, its design and location had to be changed because of the construction of a creek extension belonging to the Business Bay megaproject. The new twin-tower design was launched at the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai in 2006 with 395 m (1,296 ft) towers. However, the shape of the towers was modified and the height decreased to 355 m (1,165 ft) in a later redesign. The concrete structural frames of both towers topped out in April 2010. As of April, 2011 the spires on both towers have been added while the outer structure of the both towers has almost been completed. The buildings were completed in 2012, surpassing the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana as the world's tallest hotel.
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Tower I at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Tower II at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai at Emporis
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Tower I at SkyscraperPage
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Tower II at SkyscraperPage
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai at Structurae
- "Construction of Dh1.8b Emirates Park Towers project firmly on track". Gulf News. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "JW Marriott Marquis Dubai - Business Bay (Emirates Park Towers Hotel & Spa)". BNC Network. 17 July 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Emirates Park Towers Hotel & Spa to be commanding Dubai Business Bay focal point". AMEinfo. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emirates Park Towers.|