Emitt Rhodes (album)
|Studio album by Emitt Rhodes|
|Genre||Power pop, Rock|
|Producer||Emitt Rhodes, Harvey Bruce|
|Emitt Rhodes chronology|
Rhodes recorded the album in his home studio. At the time, union rules required that recordings released on major labels must be recorded in proper studios, so the fact that this was a home recording could not be mentioned on the cover. The runout groove of the original LP release on Dunhill Records contained a decorative banner proclaiming, "Recorded at Home." Rhodes wanted to call the album Homecooking, but Dunhill decided to title it Emitt Rhodes.
Rhodes recorded the instruments on a four-track recorder and then approached Dunhill, who gave him a contract. He transferred the four-track instrumental recordings to an eight-track recorder to add the vocals on the four additional channels (and using a better microphone).
All songs by Emitt Rhodes
- "With My Face on the Floor" – 3:06
- "Somebody Made for Me" – 2:23
- "She's Such a Beauty" – 2:21
- "Long Time No See" – 3:14
- "Lullabye" – 1:05
- "Fresh as a Daisy" – 2:46
- "Live Till You Die" – 2:44
- "Promises I've Made" – 3:21
- "You Take the Dark out of the Night" – 2:54
- "You Should Be Ashamed" – 2:38
- "Ever Find Yourself Running" – 2:34
- "You Must Have" – 2:04
- Emitt Rhodes: All instruments and voices.
- Emitt Rhodes: Recorded at Home, by Kevin Ryan, Tape Op #33, Jan. 2003, pp 44-50.
- Emitt Rhodes Song Book, published by Thirty Four Music Co., 1971