The Emma-gaala is a Finnish music gala arranged yearly by Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland, awarding the Emma Muuvi or Emma Awards to the most distinguished artists and music professionals of the year. It has been arranged annually since 1983, except between 1988 and 1990.
Until 1991, the winners were selected by representatives of ÄKT. From 1992 onward they have only selected the candidates, from which a board of music critics has selected the winners. The selection criteria include interesting musical merit, musical and commercial success in the recording industry, and the artist's popularity measured in different ways.
Selected 2006 winners in parentheses.
- Female soloist (Emma Salokoski)
- Male soloist (Vesa-Matti Loiri)
- Schlager album
- Urban/electronica album (DJBB)
- Newcomer band (Sunrise Avenue)
- Rock album (Approach by von Hertzen Brothers)
- Metal album
- Best-selling album (The Arockalypse by Lordi)
- Special Emma (J. Karjalainen, Matti ja Teppo)
- Golden Emma (Otto Donner)
- Public vote: Finnish artist of the year (Lauri Tähkä & Elonkerjuu)
- Public vote: Foreign artist of the year (Iron Maiden)
- Producer of the year
- Band of the year (Lordi)
- Album of the year (Leskiäidin tyttäret by PMMP)
- Debut album of the year
- Piece of the year (Hard Rock Hallelujah by Lordi)
- Jazz Emma
- Finnish DVD of the year
- Export Emma (Lordi)
- Surpriser of the year
- Classical Emma
- e-Emma (Hard Rock Hallelujah by Lordi)
- Mape Ollila Once Upon A Nightwish - 2008- Page 256 "In the midst of a conflict-ridden tour, the band learned they were nominated for the Finnish Emma Awards in seven categories. Marco and Tuomas flew from Bayreuth, Germany, to Finland on their day off to attend the gala, held in Helsinki on ...
- Emma-gaala (in Finnish)