||This article's images may require adjustment of image placement, formatting, and size. (December 2014)|
Bell at the PaleyFest 2011
|Born||Emma Jean Bell
December 17, 1986
Woodstown, New Jersey, U.S.
Emma Jean Bell (born December 17, 1986) is an American actress, best known for her roles in films Frozen (2010) and Final Destination 5 (2011), and for playing Amy in the first season of The Walking Dead (2010), and Emma Judith Ryland Brown on the TNT drama series Dallas (2013–14).
Emma Jean Bell, who was born in Woodstown, New Jersey, grew up in the Stanton section of Readington Township and attended Hunterdon Central Regional High School in nearby Flemington. She moved to New York City at the age of 16. She attended Talent Unlimited High School Performing Arts High School on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Her mother was a producer for 60 Minutes and her father, Rob Bell, owns Green Birdie Productions, a full-service video production company in Lambertville, New Jersey. Her father was also a reporter, videographer and writer-producer for WWOR-TV.
Bell began her acting career in an Off-Broadway cabaret show in New York at the age of 12. She made her screen debut in 2004, in the episode of NBC drama series Third Watch. She later appeared on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and in 2006 starred in the short-lived The WB television series The Bedford Diaries. She also appeared on such other shows as Supernatural, Law & Order, and CSI: Miami. She made her film debut in the 2007 sports drama film Gracie and also appeared in New York City Serenade, Favor, TheThe Favor, Death in Love, and Elektra Luxx.
In 2010, Bell starred as Parker O'Neill, one of the main characters in the film Frozen. The film has received positive reviews from critics and in same year she named one of the "55 Faces of the Future" in Nylon's young Hollywood issue. She appeared in Hatchet II, in which she reprised her Frozen role in an uncredited cameo. Also in 2010, Bell portrayed the role of Amy, the younger sister of Andrea (Laurie Holden) in Season 1 of the AMC drama series The Walking Dead. In 2011, Bell starred as Molly Harper, the female lead character, in the 2011 thriller-horror film Final Destination 5.
Bell starred in two television pilots NBC did not result in a full series, Reconstruction in 2011 and Midnight Sun in 2012. In September 2012, it was announced that Bell had signed on as a series regular on the second season of TNT's drama series Dallas. She played the role of Emma Judith Ryland Brown, Ann Ewing (Brenda Strong) and Harris Ryland (Mitch Pileggi)'s daughter, and Judith Brown Ryland's (Judith Light) granddaughter. In 2013, Bell also starred in independent films Life Inside Out, Bipolar, and See You in Valhalla.
|2007||New York City Serenade||Melinda|
|2007||Favor, TheThe Favor||Jenny|
|2008||Death in Love||Young Girl|
|2010||Elektra Luxx||Eleanore Linbrook|
|2010||Hatchet II||Parker O'Neil||Cameo appearance|
|2011||New Romance||Emma||Short film|
|2011||Final Destination 5||Molly Harper|
|2013||The Food Ditty||Emma Bee||Short film|
|2013||Life Inside Out||Keira|
|2013||See You in Valhalla||Faye|
|2004||Third Watch||Pamela Stewart||Episode: "Sins of the Fathers"|
|2004||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Alison Luhan||Episode: "Outcry"|
|2006||The Bedford Diaries||Rachel Fein||Season 1 (recurring; 5 episodes)|
|2007||Law & Order||Kirsten Paley||Episode: "Talking Points"|
|2009||Ghost Whisperer||Paula Hathaway||Episode: "Body of Water"|
|2009||Supernatural||Lindsey||Episode: "Free to Be You and Me"|
|Walking Dead, TheThe Walking Dead||Amy||Season 1 (recurring; 5 episodes)
Season 3 (guest; 1 episode)
|2011||CSI: Miami||Jennifer Olsen||Episode: "Look Who's Taunting"|
|2012||Midnight Sun||Rory Harring||Unsold pilot|
|2012||Arrow||Emily Nocenti||Episode: "Honor Thy Father"|
|2013–14||Dallas||Emma Brown||Series regular (30 episodes)|
|2014||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Rose Summers||Episode: "Reasonable Doubt"|
- New Jersey. "'The Walking Dead' recap: Seance hotline". NJ.com. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Emma Bell Biography, Rotten Tomatoes
- New Jersey (November 1, 2011). "Built Jersey Tough". NJ.com. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Emma Bell Biography". Tvguide.com. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "Frozen". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- The Walking Dead Adds Frozen Star Emma Bell to its Cast
- Emma Bell Hopes to Cheat Death Once Again in 'Final Destination 5'
- Nellie Andreeva, Robert Carlyle & Emma Bell Join Broadcast Pilots, Deadline.com, March 7, 2011
- Nellie Andreeva, Julia Stiles To Star In NBC Drama Pilot ‘Midnight Sun’, Deadline.com, March 2, 2012
- Morgan Jeffery (September 12, 2012). "'Dallas' adds 'Walking Dead' star Emma Bell for season two". Digital Spy. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Nellie Andreeva (September 12, 2012). "Emma Bell Joins ‘Dallas’ As New Regular". Deadline.com. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- ' + data.results.personName + ' (January 28, 2013). "‘Dallas’ Emma Bell on Judith Light and sending J.R. Ewing out with a bang - Zap2it". Blog.zap2it.com. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "'Modern Family's' Sarah Hyland to Produce, Star in Indie Dramedy (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. July 26, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emma Bell.|