|Company / developer||Collectif Emmabuntüs|
|Source model||Free and open source software|
|Initial release||May 2011|
|Latest release||Emmabuntüs 2 1.07  / 24 February 2014|
|Package manager||dpkg (Synaptic)|
|Supported platforms||i386 AMD64|
|Kernel type||Monolithic Linux kernel|
|Default user interface||Xfce|
|License||Mainly the GNU GPL / various others|
The name Emmabuntüs is a portmanteau of Emmaüs and Ubuntu.
- Emmabuntüs 2 can be installed, in its entirety, without an Internet connection as all of the required packages are included within the disk image. The disk image includes packages for multiple languages and also optional non-free codecs that the user can choose whether to install or not.
- One gigabyte of RAM is required for the live mode of Emmabuntüs 2, however for a full installation it requires at least 512 megabytes of RAM.
- An installation script automatically performs some installation steps (user name, password predefined). The script allows you to choose whether or not to install non-free software, whether to uninstall unused languages to reduce updates.
- Emmabuntüs 2 includes browsers plug-ins for parental control.
- There are three docks to choose from to simplify access to the software and are defined by the type of user (children, beginners and "all").
Changing the profile of the dock
Non-free codecs installation
extensions included in the Firefox browser
Kiwix offline wiki reader
Screenshot of the LXDE environment
Multiple applications are installed that perform the same task in order to provide a choice for each user that uses the system. Here are some examples:
- Firefox and Chromium browsers with plug-ins and extensions: Flash Player, Adblock Plus, Blocksi, Ghostery
- E-mail readers: Mozilla Thunderbird, Evolution
- Instant messaging: Pidgin, Skype, Ekiga
- Transfer tools: FileZilla, Wammu, QBittorrent Transmission
- Office: AbiWord, Gnumeric, HomeBank, LibreOffice, OOo4Kids, Kiwix
- Audio: Rhythmbox, Audacious Media Player, Audacity, Clementine, PulseAudio, Sound Juicer
- Video: Kaffeine, VLC media player, Totem, Cheese, MythTV
- Photo: Shotwell, GThumb, F-Spot, Picasa, DigiKam, GIMP, Inkscape
- Burning: Brasero, K3b, Xfburn
- Games: PlayOnLinux, SuperTux, SuperTuxKart, TuxGuitar, Warmux
- Genealogy: Gramps,
- Education: Celestia, GCompris, Stellarium, TuxPaint, TuxMath
- Utilities: GParted, UNetbootin, TeamViewer, VirtualBox, Wine, BOINC
|Release no longer supported||Release still supported||Beta release||Future release|
|Name||Base||Release date||Giga Byte||Desktop environment||Architecture||Linux kernel|
|Emmabuntüs Equitable||Ubuntu 10.04 LTS||
April 28, 2012
|Lemmabuntüs Equitable||Lubuntu 10.04||
March 10, 2012
|Emmabuntüs 2||Xubuntu 12.04 LTS||
February 24, 2014
|3,4||Xfce or LXDE||x86 & AMD64||3.2.60|
- Ubuntu Look Interview with Patrick one of the men behind Emmabuntüs September 3rd, 2013
- Framasoft (French)
- Emmabuntus 2 1.07
- (French)Léa-Linux Emmabuntüs installation
- Bärwaldt, Erik. "Kompakter-Allrounder-fuer-aeltere-Computer". Linux Community. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Emmabuntüs, Collectif. "Features Emmabuntüs". Collectif Emmabuntüs. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Use in live mode". Collectif Emmabuntüs. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Hardware requirements". Collectif Emmabuntüs. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- (French) lea-linux.org tuto post-install emmabuntus 28 october 2013
- Kioskea.net january 2013 configure parental settings
- "Emmabuntus 2 1.04". April 2013. Superdownloads. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "How to Emmabuntüs 2 under LXDE ?". Collectif Emmabuntüs. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Emmabuntüs, Collectif. "Software". Collectif Emmabuntüs. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Silviu, Stahie. "Emmabuntüs 1.02". May 11th 2012. Softpedia. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Dernières mises à jour des distribs Emmabuntüs Lucid". March 10th 2012. Blog Emmabuntüs. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Emmabuntüs 2 1.07". february 24th 2014. Softpedia. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Downloads stats on Sourceforge retrieved 30 March 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emmabuntüs.|
- Official website
- Emmabuntüs at DistroWatch
- Emmabuntüs – A Distro Tailor-made For Refurbished Computers