|Industry||Website development for accountants|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
Emochila, Inc. is a Web 2.0 company that operates a custom website development service for Certified Public Accountants and lawyers. It was acquired in 2011 by Thomson Reuters. As of mid-year 2011, the company represents over 2600 individual, private firms throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas. This is approximately three percent (3%) of all registered private CPA firms licensed to practice in the United States. When combining Emochila.com and the CPA websites hosted for their customers, Emochila experiences over 1.2M unique visitors and 2.5M page visits annually. The name mochila is the Portuguese and Spanish word for "backpack".
Emochila launched its namesake web site into the national market in August 2003 under the direction of founders Chad Brubaker and Justin Curzi, both of whom were living abroad in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The company utilized bootstrap funding to pay for the expenses of all software development, hosting, marketing, and sales. As of July 2009, Emochila has not utilized any venture capital and is still held 100% by the founders. Emochila expanded from its San Francisco roots to open a Houston, Texas office in March 2004, and an east coast office in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the second half of 2007. In 2009, Chad Brubaker was named a contributing author to both AccountingWEB and The Progressive Accountant, an online magazine from the editors of The CPA Technology Advisor. Additionally, Emochila was named the exclusive website affinity partner of the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Secure file sharing 
Emochila was a pioneer and one of the first website template services to offer encrypted HTTPS protocol. Chad Brubaker was the head Internet Security consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers Internet Security Group in 2000. After being loaned to DaimlerChrysler (now DaimlerAG), American Airlines, and Transora to build secure internal networks, Brubaker used open source software to construct the ability to template and include HTTPS protocol in a replicatable, turnkey environment. At market, Emochila realized the most traction in the Certified Public Accountant space because of QuickBooks, a bookkeeping software, and the CPAs interest in trading this file within a HTTPS environment.
- "Golden Gate Better Business Bureau - Emochila"
- "Thompson Reuters Acquires Web Designer, Emochila". Accounting Today. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- “AICPA Media Center – Frequently Asked Questions”
- “Visitation Statistics for Emochila.com”
- "E. Mochila, Inc. — Websites for Accounting Professionals". — CPA Technology Advisor. Retrieved 2008-08-16.
- "Young Expatriates Come to SF"
- "The Progressive Accountant Contributors"
- "Ohio Society of CPAs Affinity Partners"
- "Thomson Reuters Acquires Web Designer Emochila"
- "Emochila - Company Whois"
- "Justin Curzi & Chad Brubaker"
- "Marketing Your Firm Online - WebCPA Cover Story, March 2009 Issue"
- Justin Curzi & Chad Brubaker – Young Expatriates Come to S.F. San Francisco Examiner.
- Paycycle Announces Online Payroll Partnership with Innovative Accountant Website Developer. Paycycle
- A Comprehensive Website Option with Online Solutions. InsynQ - CPAASP
- Walking Tour Preview - Emochila. Mediafly
- Emochila Gifts Hundreds of CPA firms and Accountants $899 Web Design Packages. Pressrelease.com
- Payment Processing Solutions to be Provided to Emochila, Inc. Ecommerce Journal
- Marketing Your Firm Online WebCPA - Accounting Technology March 2009 Cover Story
- Top 100 Products to Watch Accounting Today