|Full name||Emosi Tangitangi-'ae'valu Koloto|
23 January 1965 |
|Height||193 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||103 kg (16 st 3 lb)|
|Source: RLP & Scrum.com|
Koloto grew up in Manawatu and attended Palmerston North Boys' High School.
Koloto now lives in Auckland New Zealand.
In 1991 he made the New Zealand Kiwis, playing in five tests including the three test series against Australia where he started in the second row in all three tests. He agreed to terms with Manly for 1991 but was drafted by North Sydney, and, like Terry Hill but in contrast to Ron Gibbs, his appeal was turned down on 26 April 1991 and Koloto refused to play in Sydney.
Return to New Zealand
After returning to New Zealand Koloto coached the Papatoetoe Rugby club.
- Dane Coles profile Hurricanes.co.nz
- Coffey and Wood The Kiwis: 100 Years of International Rugby League ISBN 1-86971-090-8
- Middleton, David; Rugby League 1991-92; p. 15 ISBN 978-0-949853-49-3
- Koloto and Otai - legends from the 1980s Varsity Rugby, 25 March 2007
- Collins, Simon (10 February 2009). "Law centres face cutbacks as financial help dries up". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Fred Koloto San Jose State Football, Accessed 3 August 2009