From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up emphasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Emphasis or emphatic may refer to:
- Emphasis (telecommunications), intentional alteration of the amplitude-vs.-frequency characteristics of the signal to reduce adverse effects of noise
- Emphasis (typography), visual enhancement a part of a text to make it noticeable
- Cultural emphasis, alleged tendency of a language's vocabulary to detail elements of the speakers' culture
- Emphatic consonant, member of a phonological category of consonants in Semitic languages
- Emphatic Diaglott, 1864 Bible translation by Benjamin Wilson
- Emphasis! (On Parenthesis), 2008 album by Stanton Moore Trio
- "Emphasis/Who Wants to Live Forever", 2002 single by After Forever
- Emphatic (band), an American rock band
- Prominence (disambiguation)
- Stress (disambiguation)
- Markedness, quality of a non-basic or less natural linguistic form
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.