|Industry||Real estate information|
|Products||Real estate information products|
Emporis offers a variety of information on its public database, Emporis.com, located at www.emporis.com. Emporis is cited relatively frequently by various media sources as an authority on building data.
Emporis used to focus on high-rise buildings and skyscrapers in the past, which it defines as buildings "between 35 and 100 metres" tall and "at least 100 metres tall", respectively. Today, also low-rise buildings and other structures are part of the database.
Michael Wutzke started a website about skyscrapers in Frankfurt in 1996. In 2000 he started skyscrapers.com which was folded into Emporis in 2003.
In 2000 a group of Emporis senior editors began presenting the Emporis Skyscraper Award. Eligible buildings are selected from a list of all buildings in the world at least 100 meters tall which were completed that year.
In 2004, Stephan R. Boehm assumed the role of Chairman. Wutzke was Chief Technology Officer and managing director until 2010, when he left the company of his own free will. Since then, Daniel Grözinger and Sven Schmidt are managing director at Emporis
Effective January 1, 2009, the company moved its headquarters from Darmstadt to Frankfurt. In 2011, the company moved from Frankfurt to Hamburg.
- "Emporis Company Profile". Emporis. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "In the Press". Emporis. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "The Rise of Tampa's Unique Skyline". South Tampa magazine. Retrieved 2013-08-16. "...according to Emporis Buildings (one of the top authorities on highrises)"
- David Wheeldon (2013-01-08). "Gold Coast’s DBI Design wins worldwide skyscraper award for Etihad Towers". Infolink Architecture & Design magazine. Retrieved 2013-08-16. "Emporis, a global provider of building information, is regarded as an international authority on highrise building design. Nominees and winners are chosen by Emporis editors - architecture experts from around the world..."
- "View from the top of the world: One World Trade Center becomes New York's tallest skyscraper". Associated Newspapers Ltd. 2012-04-29. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- "World's second tallest building tops out in China". Agence France Presse. 2013-08-03. Retrieved 2013-08-16. "China is home to three of the world's 10 tallest buildings, according to research group Emporis"
- "Great American Tower Recognized as a Top Skyscraper in the World". Western & Southern Financial Group. 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2013-08-16. "Every year since 2000, Emporis’ expert international jury recognizes 10 skyscrapers completed in the previous calendar year. According to Emporis, a panel of architecture experts from all over the world judge nominated buildings based on aesthetic and functional design criteria and then rank them accordingly."
- "Facts About CN Tower". iloveindia.com. Retrieved 2013-08-16. "...by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), Emporis, or any other architectural authorities."
- "Abu Dhabi makes world's striking city skylines list". uaeinteract.com. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2013-08-16. "Emporis, which is based in Germany, collects and supplies information about buildings and construction projects and is regarded as an authority on the subject."
- "Data Standards: skyscraper". Emporis Standards. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "Emporis Corporate - About Emporis". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "Emporis Awards". Emporis. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Imprint". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "Web - Database Credits". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Archived from the original on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- "Emporis Completes Multi-Million Euro Financing Round to Drive Growth". PR Newswire. September 25, 2007. Retrieved February 21, 2009.