|• Type||Borough Council|
|• Mayor||Bruno Carnovale|
|• Total||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|Elevation||1,031 ft (314 m)|
|• Density||2,961.4/sq mi (1,156.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC)|
|Website||Borough of Emporium|
Emporium is a borough in Cameron County, Pennsylvania, 100 miles (160 km) west-northwest of Williamsport. Early in the twentieth century, there were large powder plants and manufacturers of radio tubes and incandescent lamps (Sylvania Electric Products), paving brick, flour, iron, lumber, sole leather, etc. In 1900, 2,463 people lived in Emporium, and in 1910, the population was 2,916, and in 2000 the population was 2,526. At the 2010 census, the population was 2,073. It is the county seat of Cameron County.
Emporium is located at .(41.511288, -78.236418)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,073 people, 956 households, and 498 families residing in the borough. The population density was 2,961.4 people per square mile (1,156.8/km²). There were 1,140 housing units at an average density of 1,628.6 per square mile (636.2/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 98.1% White, 0.5% African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.4% Asian, and 0.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.6% of the population.
There were 956 households out of which 25.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 34.9% were married couples living together, 11.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 47.9% were non-families. 42.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 19.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.09 and the average family size was 2.87.
In the borough the population was spread out with 21.8% under the age of 18, 57.4% from 18 to 64, and 20.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years.
The median income for a household in the borough was $32,468, and the median income for a family was $46,544. Males had a median income of $32,473 versus $29,489 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $18,713. About 10.7% of families and 16.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 27.7% of those under age 18 and 11.9% of those age 65 or over.
- Jeff Lloyd - NFL football player for the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs. Drafted in the 3rd Round of the 1976 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks out of West Texas A&M (then University of West Texas).
- David Lyon - minor league baseball player in the Texas Rangers organization. Drafted in the 34th Round of the 2012 MLB amateur draft by the Texas Rangers out of Kent State University.
- Joseph T. McNarney - WWI flying ace, four-star general, Deputy Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army during WWII, Supreme Allied Commander of the Mediterranean Theater, a Military Governor of the U.S. Occupation Zone in Germany. Was made Knight Commander of the Order of Bath by King George VI of England.
- "Sylvania". Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- http://www.vintagesylvania.net/?page=history. Retrieved 12 July 2013. Missing or empty
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- A History of Cameron County, Pennsylvania. (1991). Dallas, Texas: Curtis Media Corp.