|Traded as||NYSE: ELX|
|Headquarters||Costa Mesa, California,
|Bruce C. Edwards
(President, CEO and Director)
|Revenue||US$ 478.60 Million (2013)|
|US$ -5.21 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|More than 1200 (2013)|
Emulex Corporation provides network connectivity, monitoring and management hardware and software solutions that enable end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The company's I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, have been designed into server and storage solutions from OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle
In 2013, Emulex acquired Endace, based in New Zealand.
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Emulex was founded in 1978 and employs more than 1200 people worldwide as of 2013.
On April 21, 2009, Broadcom made a proposal to the Emulex board of directors to buy all existing shares of Emulex for $764 million, or $9.25 per share, a 40% premium over the stock's closing price on April 20, 2009. After Emulex's board of directors recommended against the sale, Broadcom increased the company's offer to $11 per share on June 30, which valued the company at $925 million. It too was rejected on July 9, 2009. Subsequently, Broadcom announced it would withdraw its offer.
- Emulex LightPulse® Fibre Channel (FC) Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) include 8GFC and Gen 5 (16GFC) connectivity
- Emulex OneConnect® Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) which include 10GbE and 40GbE connectivity
- I/O Connectivity Management Software for device and connectivity management
- Emulex OneCommand Manager
- Emulex OneCommand Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter™ Server
- Network Visibility and Intelligent Network Recording Products:
- EndaceProbe™ Intelligent Network Recorders (INR) appliances
- EndaceVision™,network traffic search engine
- EndaceAccess™ Network Visibility Headend System, a 100GbE-capable Network Packet Broker (NPB).
- EndaceDAG™ Data Capture Cards
- Endace Open Application Hosting Platforms, also known as open development environment (ODE) appliances.
- EndaceFlow™ NetFlow Generator Appliances (NGA)
- The Emulex Engine™ (XE)4310R Ethernet Controller
- The XE201 converged fabric controller
- Emulex Pilot™ “integrated” Baseboard Management Controller (iBMC) solutions.
- Emulex’s InSpeed® embedded switches and bridges
- "Form 10-K". Emulex Inc., United States Securities and Exchange Commission. 2008-08-20. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
For the fiscal year ended: July 29, 2008
- "Corporate Fact Sheet" (PDF). June 3, 2008. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Broadcom Offers to Acquire Emulex for $9.25 in Cash
- Broadcom (BRCM) Raises Offer for Emulex (ELX) to $11 - StreetInsider.com
- Emulex Board Unanimously Rejects Broadcom's $11.00 Per Share Offer "Emulex Corporation"
- Broadcom Drops Takeover Bid for Emulex - CNBC.com