En Nombre Del Amor
|En Nombre del Amor|
|Created by||Carmen Peña|
|Opening theme||En Cambio No by Laura Pausini|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||170 |
|Producer(s)||Carlos Moreno Laguillo|
|Running time||39-43 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original run||October 13, 2008– June 12, 2009|
|Preceded by||Querida Enemiga|
|Followed by||Mi pecado|
En Nombre Del Amor (In the Name of Love) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Televisa. It is a remake of Cadenas de Amargura (Chains of Bitterness) (1991). En Nombre Del Amor was produced by Carlos Moreno, and filming began on August 4, 2008. It premiered in the United States July 7, 2009 on Univision and ended its run on March 7, 2010 in a two-hour grand finale on a Sunday.
Starring for Allison Lozz and Sebastián Zurita, as adult stars Victoria Ruffo, Arturo Peniche with Leticia Calderón as the villain protagonist and main villain, co-starring for Laura Flores, Alfredo Adame, Víctor Cámara, and the participation of Altair Jarabo as youth antagonist.
The action takes place in Real del Monte, Mexico. Young Paloma (Allison Lozz) lives with her 2 aunts, Macarena (Victoria Ruffo) and Carlota (Leticia Calderon) and with her nanny, Rufina (Magda Guzman). Paloma's presumed parents, Sagrario (Bibi Gaytan) and Javier (Eduardo Capetillo), Macarena and Carlota's brother, died in a car accident. Carlota is evil and full of hatred because when they were young, both Macarena and she fell in love with Cristobal (Arturo Peniche), now a priest. It is revealed that Macarena is in fact Paloma's mother.
Paloma's best friend is Romina (Altair Jarabo), the daughter of Camila (Laura Flores). Paloma is about to marry Inaki (Luis Hacha) but Carlota poisons him and he dies. Later, both Paloma and Romina fall in love with Emiliano (Sebastian Zurita). Emiliano and Paloma start dating. Romina has an affair with German (Ferdinando Valencia), gets pregnant and tricks Emiliano into marrying her by telling him it is his child. Camila has an affair with Rafael Saenz (Alfredo Adame), Emiliano's presumed father, then gets married to Orlando (Victor Camara), Emiliano's real father.
Carlota also kills Arcadia, Alonso, Inaki's father, and attempts to kill doctor Rodolfo Bermudez (David Ostrosky) who was in love with Macarena. Soon, Carlota eavesdrops on a conversation between Macarena and Cristobal on the phone and learns that they plan to marry, but Carlota kills Macarena by pushing her through a glass window on the second floor inside their house. She dies with Paloma and Cristobal by her side. Paloma starts dating painter Gabriel Lizarde (Erick Elias), Eugenio's (Cesar Evora) son; Gabriel suffers from a terminal disease. Camila divorces Orlando and Rafael breaks up with Luz, a woman that he dated.
Carlota makes Eugenio fall in love with her. She also tries to kill Paloma in the same way she killed Macarena but, as priest Cristobal, Eugenio and Rufina arrive at her house, it is she herself that falls down the stairs. Romina doesn't love her baby and wants to go away from Real del Monte but she has a car accident. German is arrested. She survives and later begins to love her child. In prison, German confesses Romina that he loves her. Before Paloma's wedding, Paloma and Romina reconcile.
In the series finale, Paloma is about to marry Gabriel but he tells her in church that her real love is Emiliano. Paloma and Emiliano get married. Carlota arrives at the church, pulls the gun out and want to shoot Paloma but Gabriel goes in front of her, is shot and killed. Carlota falls down the church tower. She ends up paralyzed, in prison. In the final scene of the novela, Paloma and Emiliano reenact the first time they became boyfriend and girlfriend by the fountain in Real del Monte and then they kiss.
Cast of characters
- Leticia Calderón as Carlota Espinoza de los Monteros - (Main villain and Villain protagonist) - serial killer, killed 5 persons, sister of Javier and Macarena, sister in law of Sagario, daughter of Rodrigo, aunt of Paloma, obsessed with Cristobal, had a fling with German and with Eugenio, attempted to kill Paloma in the same way she killed Macarena but fell down the stairs herself, ends up paralyzed from the waist down and goes to jail where the inmates abuse her.
- Victoria Ruffo as Macarena Espinoza de los Monteros - (Adult Protagonist), sister of Javier and Carlota, sister in law of Sagario, daughter of Rodrigo, mother of Paloma, in love with Cristóbal, killed by Carlota.
- Arturo Peniche as Padre Juan Cristóbal Gamboa Martelli - (Adult Protagonist), Paloma's father, new priest of Real del Monte. Becomes bishop at the end.
- Laura Flores as Camila Ríos de Mondragón - (adult co-protagonist), mother of Romina, friend of Macarena, in love with Rafael.
- Allisson Lozz as Paloma Gamboa Espinoza de los Monteros de Sáenz - (Young protagonist), daughter of Cristobal and Macarena, granddaughter of Madeleine, niece of Carlota, granddaughter of Rodrigo, adoptive daughter of Javier and Sagario, in love with inaki then Emiliano.
- Sebastián Zurita as Emiliano Sáenz Noriega / Emiliano Ferrer Noriega - (Young protagonist), real son of Orlando and Diana, stepson of Rafael, in love with Paloma.
- Altair Jarabo as Romina Mondragón Ríos - (Young protagonist and villain, later good), daughter of Camila and Samuel, best friend of Paloma, in love with Emiliano, German's mistress and has a child with him.
- Ferdinando Valencia as Germán Altamirano - (Young villain, later good), friend of Iñaki and Emiliano, in love with Romina, has a child with Romina, is in jail, arrested for fraud, but is later released, gets back together with Romina, and starts a family with her and their child .
- Erick Elías as Gabriel Lizardi - (Young Co-protagonist) Son of Eugenio, in love with Paloma, shot and killed by Carlota in the series finale.
- Alfredo Adame as Rafael Sáenz - (Adult co-protagonist) Emiliano's stepfather, Diana's husband, in love with Camila.
- Víctor Cámara as Orlando Ferrer - (Adult co-protagonist) Businessman, in love with Angelica, Emiliano's real father.
- César Évora as Eugenio Lizardi - Lawyer, Gabriel's father, was in love with Carlota.
- Natalia Esperón as Luz Laguillo, was in love with Rafael.
- Carmen Montejo as Madeleine Martelli Vda. de Gamboa - Mother of Juan Cristobal, grandmother of Paloma.
- Olivia Bucio as Diana Gudelia Noriega de Sáenz - Mother of Emiliano, wife of Rafael, "friend" of Romina, goes to Monterrey.
- Magda Guzmán as Rufina "Rufi" Martínez - Paloma's nani and servant of the Espinoza de los Monteros family.
- Zoraida Gómez as Liliana Martínez - Friend of Paloma, enemy of Romina.
- Luis Hacha as Iñaki Iparraguirre - Son of Carmen and Alonso, stepson of Natalia, friend of Emiliano and Germán killed by Carlota.
- Pablo Magallanes as Aarón Eugenio Cortázar - Nephew of Inés, obsessed with Paloma, Romina and Carlota's ally, in the end he returns to Mexico City.
- Queta Lavat as Madre Superior.
- Jorge Alberto Bolanos as Samuel Mondragón - Father of Romina, ex-husband of Camila, in love with Carlota, goes to jail.
- Angelina Peláez as Arcadia Ortíz - Servant of the Iparraguirre family, accomplice of Carlota, killed by Carlota
- Lucero Lander as Inés Cortázar - Aunt of Aarón, friend of Diana.
- Eduardo Liñán as Padre Benito Farías - Priest of Mexico City.
- David Ostrosky as Dr. Rodolfo Bermúdez - Doctor of the Espinoza de los Monteros family, Carlota tried to kill him but failed.
- Yolanda Ventura as Angélica Ciénega - Psychologist of the school of Paloma, in love with Orlando.
- Paty Díaz as Natalia Ugarte Vda. de Iparraguirre - Wife of Alonso, stepmother of Iñaki.
- Zoila Quiñonez as Doña Meche - Emiliano's nanny, Chava's grandmother.
- Ramon Abascal as Joel Martínez - Associate of Rafael Sáenz, in love with Mónica.
- Luis Couturier as Don Rodrigo Espinoza de los Monteros - Father of Carlota, Macarena, and Javier, grandfather of Paloma father in-law of Sagrario (Appears only in photos)
- Yanni as Paloma Espinoza de los Monteros (child).
- Georgina Domínguez as Romina Mondragón Ríos (child).
- Luciano Corigliano as Emiliano Sáenz Noriega (Child).
- Rafael Valdés as Salvador "Chava" - Friend of Emiliano, grandchild of Meche.
- Lola Forner as Carmen de Iparraguirre - Mother of Iñaki, ex-wife of Alonso.
- Manuel Navarro as Alonso Iparraguirre - Father of Iñaki, husband of Natalia, killed by Carlota.
- Bibi Gaytán as Sagrario Díaz de Espinoza de los Monteros - Wife of Javier, mother of Paloma, sister-in-law of Macarena and Carlota, daughter in law of Rodrigo, mortally wounded in a car crash and dies later in the hospital.
- Eduardo Capetillo as Javier Espinoza de los Monteros - Brother of Carlota and Macarena, husband of Sagrario, son of Rodrigo, father of Paloma, died in a car crash.
- Gerardo Murguía as Juan Carmona / Basilio Gaytan.
- Haydee Navarra as Miriam - Angelíca's friend.
- Claudia Godínez as Ana Mar - In love with Emiliano.
- Sergio Catalán as Darío Peña - Ex-boyfriend of Angélica.
- Alfonso Iturralde as Juancho - Secret admirer of Inés.
- Hugo Macías Macotela as Padre Mateo - Priest of Real del Monte.
- Ivette Cordovez as Sofia.
- Luciano Collado Calderón - Son of Miriam.
A 4 disc DVD set of the telenovela was released on July 13, 2010 edited down to just 14 hours.
- Premios TVyNovelas 2010: Leticia Calderón - Best Female Villain of the Year 2009
- Premios TVyNovelas 2010: Sebastián Zurita - Best Breakthrough Male of the Year 2009 best entertaining series
Changes in cast
Leticia Calderón was originally cast to play the role of Macarena Espinoza de los Monteros.
Academy Awards counterprogramming
|Country||TV network(s)||Series premiere||Series end|
|Mexico||Canal de las Estrellas||October 13, 2008||June 12, 2009|
|United States||Univision||July 7, 2009||March 7, 2010|
|Venezuela||Venevisión||December 23, 2013 (preview)
December 26, 2013 (premiere)
|Slovenia||POP TV||December 10, 2009||August 6, 2010|
|Romania||Acasa TV||October 27, 2009||March 28, 2010|
|Ghana||EuniKcart||June 5, 2010|
|Slovakia||JOJ Plus||August 24, 2009||December 18, 2009|
|Georgia||May 27, 2010|
|Israel||Viva||August 25, 2011|
|Argentina||Canal 9||March 2, 2009||November 3, 2009|
|Hungary||July 26, 2010||March 18, 2011|
|Albania||February 2009||December 2009|
|Spain||TVE 1||October 2009||April 2010|
|Estonia||Kanal 2||September 2, 2009||May 5, 2010|
|Croatia||Nova TV||June 7, 2010||October 15, 2010|
|Philippines||Telenovela Channel||November 14, 2011||July 8, 2012|
|September 17, 2012||March 30, 2013|
|September 16, 2013||present|
|Croatia||Doma TV||October 30, 2011||January 25, 2012|
|Bulgaria||bTV Lady||January 30, 2012/March 20, 2013||September 21, 2012/ November 12, 2013|
|Kenya||Citizen Television||February 2010|
- Televisa's v
- "Sufrirá Lozz en nombre del amor " "El Manana", 17 Jul 2008
- "Conoce a los ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas" "Esmas", 15 Mar 2010 
- "Victoria Ruffo deja Telemundo; será una temible villana" "People en Espanol" 10 Jun 2008 
- "7 de marzo de 2010, capítulo final" "Esmas"